94 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
fernandovn says

I am not sure what happened with the latest release from Adobe, but I have found some much bugs in the new vesion of the flash player that are driving me crazy. Those bugs are often related to the browsers.

If I use an older version of the plugin, for example, 11.4 or 11.2 or even 10, most of the projects I ‘ve been working on seem to be working fine.

However, if I use the same project with the new player, some weird things appear at the stage. Some of the problems that I have had are related to images (not displaying anything or a white empty space) and some functions like dragging an object into the movie… the dragged object is never dropped even if the left mouse has been released…

Is it me, is my computer, or are you guys having the same kind of problems? :S

206 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+6 more
FWDesign says

Yes I’ve noticed a bug related to the LoaderInfo, some times it returns undefined with no reason. It seam that ADOBE is getting ready to move away from flash… they are lazy like Jobs said!

66 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
yuanhao_viva says

Yes I’ve noticed a bug related to the LoaderInfo, some times it returns undefined with no reason. It seam that ADOBE is getting ready to move away from flash… they are lazy like Jobs said!

so you still develop flash program huh?i thought you will drop this,your work is amazing man.

206 posts
  • Won a competition
+6 more
FWDesign says

From time to time I get flash jobs, this is how I noticed the bugs but my main focus in html5/js/css and soon I will start php too. We are about to release some really awesome projects in html:) but still I do miss the flash days like most of us flash developers :)

By the way this cool stuff which we code now in html it was possible in ie7/ie8 days but things have changed in the html world when flash developers started to get into the js/html so even if flash in not in demand I still have to thank for teaching me to be a creative developer. I am pissed at ADOBE for letting it die…. anyway this is an old story by now :(

One more thing I have just finished an HTML5 website made in flash style like the good old days, take a look and see what is possible it is actually amazing to do this with html…

http://www.orizon-solutions.ca/orizon/
4140 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

I do agree with FW as flash developers we have one big advantage over the old js dev` as we just think like flashers and we have the experience in more easy way to mimic our work in html5/css+ the canvas is almost like AS3 any way .

The only true set back that take the sting from the HTML work is the browser compatibility or more right to say browser Interoperability and that won’t change in the coming years ,personally years ago i run out from the HTML world cos` its replete market and now it’s even worst … and any way the money will be in the mobile world on some point.

206 posts
  • Won a competition
+6 more
FWDesign says

To be sure that your work will run 10 years from now use standard W3C propertis, after 7 months of js and html I can tell that is not that bad as it seam, it is difficult until you figure it out browser bugs, mobile related bugs and of course ie releated bugs, after you get familiar with this stuff things are simplified a lot, javascript is not difficult to learn but you NEED to build some libraries otherwise is impossible to code any serious projects, for example I have written a lot of utils functions for me just to get read of jquery, personally I hate jquery, it is a huge library and 90% of the times your projects will get all kind of incompatibilities because other jquery versions are included in the client page and not only this. Anyway in my opinion jquery is for lazy people, who do not understand js as they should.

4140 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

To be sure that your work will run 10 years from now use standard W3C propertis, after 7 months of js and html I can tell that is not that bad as it seam
I think you mix the sentence, for sure your last submission won’t work 10 years from now :P .

Me ? like you programing is more suitable for us old flasher but really man if you think you have something new to offer working with js/html5 you are in the wrong business, in a way 80% of the CC market submission can be found freely on the web thanks to jquery and i aint going to bust my balls for $8, you prefer to make your own class avoiding jquery its super bro,I can admire that kind of work but I don’t know about the ordinary CC buyer.

I can only advice from my years wondering here, if you avoiding the regular coding path here making your own class many users struggle on the modification no matter how easy you make it for them or how much wow it is, just the fact I see 1 user put 5 version of jquery in the html path page kill me . You say “Anyway in m y opinion jquery is for lazy people” ? Why go far ? WP is for smoker weeds lazy people when someone buy $40 template…

I always say it doesn’t matter how you do it when coding if you are drunk, stoned or whatever, most buyer here judge you by the final outcome work on the visual / function matter and not the way you code it ,or if you use jquery or not ,trust me when i say most buyers here don’t give a F* about this kind of coding only us dev` :P

3402 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
bobocel says

Yes, had customers complaining that components that worked for years, stopped working now. I did: nothing.

Few days later, the player was updated probably in Chrome, and the components started working again.

94 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
fernandovn says

It seems that those bugs are being fixed in the 11.6 beta version of the flash player. However, Adobe has taken too long to release a final version of it.

by
by
by
by
by
by