Hi As a new author i have a confusion! Having online documentation for theme how much can affect on sale!? or whats is its ins and outs!?
Thanks for elders
Hi, Having an Online document for items like WordPress would have a scope to increase sales by looking inside in the documentation the authors can have minimum idea to know what are additional features and the concept of the theme, so there can be increase in sales in terms of theme’s like WordPress, but in-case of HTML ., etc it is recommended to provided documentation inside the main downloadable file, otherwise it would be helpful for the authors or others visitors to copy its source easily.
Hope it helps,
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Beta Tester
- Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
- Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
- Referred between 1 and 9 users
- Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
- Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
- Exclusive Author
If it’s online, it can be seen not only by the people who buy the theme (included with the theme package), but it can be also seen by the potential buyers.
So I think yes, seeing upfront which are the possibilities or how easy/hard is to setup the theme, yes, it can affect positively the sales.