443 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+9 more
vibes35 says
I think the whole reason for the fisheye is to get a 180 degree shot to cut down on the amount of shots that need to be taken.

First off thanks for the comments! I also plan on getting a fisheye lens with one advantage being the less shots… this is especially true where clouds are moving in a somewhat quicker fashion… the logic of course is if you are getting a full 360 at 12 shots or 36 bracketed along with the 42-45 degree angle up and the zenith shot you are 72 images…. with fast moving clouds could be a problem. So, different situations require different solutions..

3135 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says

thanks for sharing vibes…and matt too..

you should go for the tut vibes! very interesting method! Im a photographer as my hobbie…what else do you know that is helpful?

1276 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+15 more
ChristineWilde Envato team says

If I was to get a fisheye lens would I just need to point the camera vertically upwards and take the bracketed shots or would I still need to rotate the camera and take several shots?

Which would you say is best… with or without a fisheye lens? I know Paguthrie uses one.

I can get on the roof of my flat and see for miles without anything in the way. We have some awesome colours in the sky before sunset and pretty clouds in the south of England.

1276 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+15 more
ChristineWilde Envato team says

OK just had a little looky at a fisheye lens and they are quite expensive. So it’s going to have to be the multiple shots technique for me.

443 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
vibes35 says

You can check out: http://www.borrowlenses.com/ which is a great resource for testing any lens before purchase! Definitely worth the rental and the prices are very fair. I am getting the Canon 180mm Macro lens later this month for a weeks trial before I decide on purchase!! :)

Also, I plan on checking out the 15mm wide angle for pano’s :)

Good luck!! Cant wait to see some imagery!

by
by
by
by
by
by