While working full time as a freelancer & author on GR 12 hours a day, I am facing lots of health problem like Tension Headache, Neck Pain, Eye Strain, Stress, How you guys manage your health while working full time can some share some knowledge on this. Thanks
I recently got Gunnar glasses that I wear from time to time. They sort of present their own problems after extended use though.
Best thing for you to do though is probably get up and take a walk. You might consider raising your freelance rates and turning down some work. You might find yourself pleasantly surprised.
- Beta Tester
- Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
- Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
- Most Wanted Bounty Winner
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
- Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
I agree with ^. You should say NO to some projects of less or no significance. But, when I started on GR last year I was just like you, working almost all the time which has kept me glued to my computer which in turn has resulted in Anxiety, stress, neck pain etc.
Well I just can say don’t work continuously for too long. Take lots of small break during the sessions, walk outside, or maybe raise a pet and play with him, do anything off-screen. It’s good for our health and even our inspiration.