20 posts
  • Belgium
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Kay_B says

ok, 3 days ago, i’ve sent in my wordpress template. I could understand if you’re a busy man, (or woman) that you have not the time to review my sent-in template on the first day…

I even could understand you didn’t find the time the second day, altough that brings the question: how” pro” is this site maintained, when reviewers only occasionally check some templates…

What i have troubles understanding with is… why is my template not reviewed after 3 days ! Not only is the suspense killing me… :-D, but I don’t start on a new” project” unless my previous one is accepted…(i avoid to work on 2 or more templates at once)...

is there only one guy/gal reviewing the templates? or what? :-) anyway… 3 days is long…verrrrrrrrry long….

2529 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Blog Editor
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
JeffreyWay says

Three days does seem a bit long. Our WordPress reviewer might be backed up. I’ll check on it.

20 posts
  • Belgium
  • Exclusive Author
Kay_B says

thanks !

75 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • South Africa
dreampunchboy says

the suspense kills you, I know… I can just imagine the amount of time it takes to review a template:

- Checking the HTML - Review of documentation + commenting in code - making sure all the files are included - copyright etc - checking the PSD file

The list goes on.

If I’m correct, they have a group of reviewers that does the whole Envato marketplace. If they did 1 per hour and I’m guessing the average is 40 per day they would need about 5 full time staff just to do reviewing.

So even though it’s frustrating, I can understand. My suggestion to you: Learn to go on while you wait.

3206 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+9 more
ADG3studios Staff says

Hi Kay_B

I don’t review here but I couldn’t resist replying :)

3 days may seem long now.. but you gotta realize it was 1 to 2 weeks waiting time when Envato first got started..and I can tell you that on other stock sites the wait is waaay longer :)

Of course I respect your choice not to multitask projects… so barring that don’t worry.. your item will soon be reviewed.

397 posts I <3 WordPress
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • United States
+5 more
BoxyStudio says

Reviewing can take long sometimes. I’m not sure about the other reviewers, but I have a full-time job as a web developer. So my reviewing is done at night on my down time. I try to get things out of the queue every day, but sometimes (namely weekends and long days), it just doesn’t happen.

And like the previous commenter said, 3 days may seem long, but most other places take much longer. I’ve submitted photographs to iStockPhoto and they’ve taken up to a month to be reviewed!

698 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Croatia
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
segen says

Hire me as a reviewer, I work at home as freelancer :) LOL .

20 posts
  • Belgium
  • Exclusive Author
Kay_B says

ok, my template is reviewed…

This File Did Not Meet Our Criteria Hi Kay_B, after having all of our reviewers take a look at this particular template, we agreed that it still largely feels unfinished. It definitely has promise, but needs more work.

Just spend some more time with it. :)

i mean c’on !, ive been working on that template for 4 weeks (seriously), i thought it was perfect…so i’ve sent it in…

first time rejected because: the longer titles came out of the box on the normal frontpage-posts, and a bad png-fix… nothing else mrked as inadequate or “unfinished”, those were the only 2 comments on it… so, i’ve fixed those 2 items, added a rss feed, and tested it in wordpress 2.7. proud of my template (best one i’ve made yet, so i think), i’ve sent it back in… waited 3 days with killing suspense… and they say it looks” unfinished”??? what do you mean by unfinished please? my first template was rejected like 10 times, each time with a different fix needed…i’m not a bad guy, i’ve fixed the things…i’ve eaven fixed more than you asked for the first time :-)

so, my question (since i don’t want to send it 10 times in again…) could you please define “unfinished”, as i thought it was finished, i don’t really see something “unfinished”... btw: on-line preview:

http://koenbuysse.be/cinepress/

in the future, it also would help saying everything wrong about it,on the first run… first run: fix the title problem and the png in internet explorer, 2nd time: looks unfinished…couldn’t you’ve told me that the first time?...

Is everyone gotta send in their templates 10 times to fix different “fixes” every time or is it just me…

sorry, i’d had to let it off my chest…

323 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
shadow66142000 says

I like it and maybe there is a market for video sites…I think there has been a couple. The bottom of your page and has blank area, which seems odd and I bet that is what they are talking about. Also when you rollover the next/previous for the featured section on hover you get an arrow that points both left/right but they each only go in one direction.

698 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Croatia
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
segen says

Seems like You really need some more work here. Theme is nice but really looks unfinished. For example, font is to bright and to small, RSS icon is almost invisible like the rest of Your site. Too much whitespace in Your tagcloud. Tiny navigation :( , input field text not aligned correctly and so on… Try harder, I’m sure You’ll get here.

by
by
by
by
by
by