jerrywrightmusic Recent Posts Threads Started
25 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
jerrywrightmusic says

After being here since October, I felt I should pop in here and finally say hello. Hopefully my sales will increase in the future to allow me to hang my hat here awhile. While I am new to Audiojungle, I have been a musician for over 40 years (OMG how time flies :)). I am just amazed at the quality of talent here and I am glad to finally be a small part of it. Best wishes to you all for continued success!

Jerry

2005 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

Hi Jerry! Welcome here! Wow, over 40 years sounds like a Long time. But when you count screaming as music, i’m a musician that long too :-)
When i listen to your portfolio it sounds like you know what you’re doing. There should be a real chance to sell this! But i’m pretty new too, since September i’m uploading files so i’m not yet very experienced with this marketplace either. I wish you good luck with audiojungle! Mat Steiner

128 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
MCDenny says

Hello jerry unfortunately seems to be on this site all comes down to making music for commercials, corporate and music for websites, in short, do UKUELE instrumental and have a guaranteed sale hah :D I wish it were not so, I would like people to recognize true quality music, pop, rock, house, but sold far less than corporate.

290 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+1 more
adammonroe says

Welcome aboard Jerry, best of luck in your future sales and music.

Denny, you are right, but that’s always been the case with music and it always will be. Music moves in trends; what sells tends to fit within those trends. Someone found a formula that includes ukulele and glockenspiel, so a thousand people try to write around that formula. But trends come and go, and in 10 years it will be a different market over-crowded with a whole new trend. The key is to try to be the guy who comes up with that new trend. That’s how you make money and become successful – by getting there first. I think the boat has sailed on certain kinds of songs, because there are composers here who have already done everything you can with that stuff, and have been successful at it. That slice of the pie has been eaten. I make music because I like doing it…if something sells, it’s a bonus. I think most people who buy music don’t really understand much about it – at least not on an analytical level like most of us probably do – and especially, most people buying stock music are probably just looking for something that “sounds like” something they have heard elsewhere, or that has the “feel” they are looking for. But tastes are always changing. All the music from TV commercials and television shows in the 70’s and 80’s – you couldn’t get a dime for that stuff now. We are products of our time.

2005 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

Adam: These are wise words, you describe the situation very well i think. +1 from me.
Only one thing i want to add: Sometimes happens something that nobody would expect, a unlogical surprise. So we can never calculate everything and thanks to this there’s always a chance to be successfull by doing what our hearts would do and not what seems to be popular. And sometimes even quality and skills matters :-) ... (uh, that was a evil, don’t want to attack sombody personal, most of all not people in this threat, don’t understand me worng!) :) . So there’s hope for us all and for no-Ukulele-Jerry too ! :)

1123 posts
  • Located in Switzerland
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+8 more
SonicCube says

Welocme to the Jungle Jerry

Happy to see some more “grumpy old men” (just kidding) here …. sometimes i thought im the only one:)

Good luck with your music and may sales go up day by day to keep you motivated !

Daniel

327 posts
+7 more
TimOstanin says

Hello Jerry :)

392 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+2 more
starbugsound says

Welcome aboard! Wish you good luck and fun here ;-)

34 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
iristsh says

Welcome to this big family Jerry! You have over 40 years of experience being a musician!! So must share and upload your music quick..haha, just take it as an enjoyable marathon and your sales for sure will go up..UP =)

338 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
johnny625 says

Hello and welcome aboard!

by
by
by
by