4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
Trolieb says

I am new to selling on Envato, and I just wanted to say hello to all the amazing talent on this forum. I thought I would start off with some simple PSD Templates. I also hope to learn more than a thing or two from this wonderful community.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for a complete newbie hoping to make his first $1 and earn his first badge?

Thanks, S.

3244 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
organicbee says

I am new to selling on Envato, and I just wanted to say hello to all the amazing talent on this forum. I thought I would start off with some simple PSD Templates. I also hope to learn more than a thing or two from this wonderful community.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for a complete newbie hoping to make his first $1 and earn his first badge?

Thanks, S.

hi I hate to break it to you but you’re better off starting off with simple html templates…. PSD is the hardest category to get something accepted in

4 posts
Trolieb says

Really, why? How hard is it to get accepted for HTML templates?

268 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+1 more
beetlesales says

Not as hard as the PSD Category. The reason it’s easier is due to the fact PSD ’s must be coded by the purchaser, where HTML templates come pre-made.

4 posts
Trolieb says

Not as hard as the PSD Category. The reason it’s easier is due to the fact PSD ’s must be coded by the purchaser, where HTML templates come pre-made.

Thanks for the info. I understand that it is much easier to sell a complete website over a PSD , but why would a PSD get rejected in the first place?

83 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
cmsmasters says

Because to be accepted PSD must be perfectly designed with ideal visual hierarchy. It must have look like award-winning design.

14 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
ChargedPixels says

It seems that almost all designs from psd category when coded doesn’t make big sales anyway, not sure why but I guess it’s because they are unique with rich graphics and often with unusual layouts and all this makes adjusting design to clients needs and “hiding” that it’s a theme very complicated.

I got extremely well selling design in psd category but wp version was selling just a little bit better then an average theme and I got comments that it’s a great looking theme but it looks too expensive and this is inappropriate with our business philosophy :)

So I would say if your design is good enough for psd category then it’s not good enough to get many sales in wp or html category :)

4 posts
Trolieb says

Thanks again to everyone for your great advice and insight. I really appreciate it.

59 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Italy
chenboyu says

Wow! Amazing sales number!!! I wonder how you manage to do it all, would it be a lot to ask you to share some tips and tricks, perhaps a bit more?

Regards

Frank

It seems that almost all designs from psd category when coded doesn’t make big sales anyway, not sure why but I guess it’s because they are unique with rich graphics and often with unusual layouts and all this makes adjusting design to clients needs and “hiding” that it’s a theme very complicated.

I got extremely well selling design in psd category but wp version was selling just a little bit better then an average theme and I got comments that it’s a great looking theme but it looks too expensive and this is inappropriate with our business philosophy :)

So I would say if your design is good enough for psd category then it’s not good enough to get many sales in wp or html category :)
151 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
aldrinlsc says

Also ready yourself for rejection. This is the second time i got rejected for PSD category now i decided to make it as a HTML template instead because that’s what my reviewer suggests me. Don’t expect too much when you submit your template because too much expectation hurts a lot, just do the work and do your best! good luck to us! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by