• Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • United States
FireJermWebs says

This guy does have a point here.

http://thehacked.com/seo-audiojungle-and-royalty-free-music/

basically we dominate the “royalty free audio” but were now on page 6 of ‘royalty free music’.

ahha! I must admit i also search music, instead of audio even if im looking for sounds. So how bout we simply just search music and click!. give us a short bump up anyway. May help with sales due to being google’s auto-complete. Royalty free music is in the auto complete but ’’”” audio is not.

just a thought.

729 posts All things are possible, for one who believes.
  • Elite Author
  • Canada
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
TimMcMorris says

Cool article. I must admit, I also used to do the same and would search Royalty Free Music before I found audiojungle ;)

AJ was placed on page 8 for me. I can imagine however that they are very aware of this as well.

But yes, for SURE the closer to the top for Royalty Free Music, the better (by a lot) traffic will become.

2592 posts
  • Community Ambassador
  • Community Manager
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
+15 more
scottwills Staff says

Great thread, FireJermWebs! :) Very timely in fact as we’re actually doing quite a bit more work on SEO behind the scenes which should help bump up results for a lot of search queries, not just “royalty free music”. In the meantime, authors can definitely play their part too. Here’s a basic starter to get you thinking:

http://wiki.envato.com/selling/tips-selling/seo-making-your-files-google-friendly/

So applying this to AudioJungle, you might want to consider using the term “royalty-free music” in your descriptions. Consider renaming any/all of your profile graphics to include the words “royalty-free-music”, for example, “royalty-free-music-profile.jpg”. Always use alt and title tags on your images too. For example:

Royalty Free Music on AudioJungle.net

On your personal sites/blogs always mention “Royalty-free music” when you mention AudioJungle.net. The more links we have coming in to AudioJungle.net, the better, so if you aren’t already linking to your own portfolios from your own site(s), you should definitely consider it!

Just a few tips there to get you thinking more about how improved SEO could help you get more sales and more new visitors to your music. :)

693 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+3 more
OhmLab says

Just updated over 70 files with more SEO friendly descriptions, links and made sure to include ‘royalty-free’ (music, audio, etc) on each page. If we all spent some time on this, we could make a big impact in the rankings!

327 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+2 more
palmtreep says

Great idea! I’ll be updating mine as well ;)

23 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • United States
FireJermWebs says

Consider renaming any/all of your profile graphics to include the words “royalty-free-music”, for example, “royalty-free-music-profile.jpg”. Always use alt and title tags on your images too. For example:

Royalty Free Music on AudioJungle.net

nice idea, erm…you sure that wont be a penalty? I mean as far as royalty-free music being here about 156,000 times and only 50,000 are actual songs/sounds. I thought google and some others penalize and strip rank for that.

I’m still learning full SEO , and i may be just going on outdated info.

41 posts
  • Croatia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
LinearStudio says

Great idea. I have updated all the graphics and portfolio item descriptions with more SEO friendly descriptions. Will do my best to promote AJ`s royalty-free musicon other sites as well :)
Cheers

by
by
by
by
by
by