160 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
alanpolhoatzin says

Hi everyone,

I want to upload a site template, but I have a few questions that I would like to solve before uploading.

1.- If I am using a jQuery plug-in (LightBox, LavaLamp, jParallax) what do I need to do to avoid copyright issues if I include the plug-in in my templates???? I have seen that almost every site uses at least one jQuery plug-in.

2.- Can I use “Creattica” images from other authors and include them in the portfolio of my sites??, this images will only be in the preview of my template, not in the actual template for download.

Maybe the answers are already in the site, but I can´t find them. I will REALLY !!! appreciate your help with this 2 questions.

Thanks and happy christmas,

Alan Monroig

123 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
adam_robinson says

as long as you check the license for the plugin and make sure you can use it for a saleable item yo u will be fine. most plugins will be fine. as for images…go to the asset library (in authors resources on your account page) and use those images. they can be in the preview and final download.

160 posts
+6 more
alanpolhoatzin says

Thank you so much!

741 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Orbital_Themes says

Actually it’s not recommended to include files from asset library in final download file, just replace them with placeholders as there have been some issues with people claiming the images their own work (they thought that if they bought it – images are theirs). You could use other authors images but you would need the authors explicit permission to do so.

160 posts
+6 more
alanpolhoatzin says
Actually it’s not recommended to include files from asset library in final download file, just replace them with placeholders as there have been some issues with people claiming the images their own work (they thought that if they bought it – images are theirs). You could use other authors images but you would need the authors explicit permission to do so.

Ok, Thanks! I´ll keep that in mind.

by
by
by
by
by
by