514 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
JonBuice says

I’m shopping one for my brother for xmas. I leaning toward the bamboo splash right now. Any opinions on this, or other models would be helpful, thanks

1373 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
dekurvajo says

Hi, im just doing the same for myself. As i heard, the intuos is a good choice, but need time to learn how to use the pad. It’s like learn how to use an instrument. You might play on piano well, but the guitar is a different stuff. Ans probably a beginner no need to start with a pro tool. But i did not made my decision yet neither.

168 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Ediartss says

Hi guys, I had a genius tablet before and now I have a intous 5 small… it’s is AWESOME!. its no like a instrument you just have to get use to it, usually you takes 1-3 days to get use to it, when you do you will be making awesome stuff :)

Note: the size of the tablet doesn’t matter at all! if you have space in your desktop and you want it to be big go for it. but with the small you have all the functionality for the best price.

1373 posts
+5 more
dekurvajo says

i have checked a lot of possibilities today. Cintiq – Promising but very expensive, and the funny thing is that i don’t want an another computer, another system, especially not windows. I have seen a comparison to an Asus tablet pc and it was funny. Almost the same result, except the Cintiq has a bigger screen, more sensitivity but week screen quality compare to the tablet pc.

Intuos vs Splash or Fun: I have a dilemma regarding the sensitivity. Does it really needs or its just a kind of dazzle? For example the Megapixel hype around the DSLR…?

4 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
FullyCrafted says

Wacom Intuos 4 is what I use, but I think there’s higher specs out now. You could go for the option above if you’ve got money to burn! Wacom is a pioneer of tablets but you’ll have to buy spare nibs as they wear down quite fast!

11 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
moroztamas says
I recommend Intuos 4 small or medium. I have an Intuos 4 Large @ home,it’s a little big.If i would have to buy a new one a would get a medium size.Before this I had Intuos 3 12×12 inch large,that was pretty good too.Beside these to i have worked with other sizes,types of tables 90% by Wacom.(fun and touch,bamboo),but the Intous 4 is the best. If your budget is low you can buy a used one for Wacom.(these are tablets that were out for testing)they look really good,just like new. http://eu.shop.wacom.eu/products/others/used-products
94 posts
+3 more
NeWave says

Intuos 4 is what i use as well. Slightly more expensive but imo very well worth the buck. Ofcourse this depends on how you plan to use it. for photo manipulation the bamboo might very well do the trick but for very smooth lines and especially if you’re planing to do any digital painting with it, i would go for intuos.

1373 posts
+5 more
dekurvajo says

Tamás, in between the intuos4 and the 5 is there any relevant differences or just trivial improvements?

11 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
moroztamas says

They have the same pressure level (2048).The Intuos 5 has a new design,and build in touch. I had a Fun and Touch a while back and in think a have used once or twice the touch pad.I think it’s worthless.If you buy a tablet you want to use the pen,and not the touch.

50 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
xiaoali says

They have the same pressure level (2048).The Intuos 5 has a new design,and build in touch. I had a Fun and Touch a while back and in think a have used once or twice the touch pad.I think it’s worthless.If you buy a tablet you want to use the pen,and not the touch.

I’ve been using the Intuos 5 for a few months now, and absolutely love it. Didn’t like it so much before because the Pen isn’t nearly as good for web browsing and I hated the bundled mouse. The touch just makes doing everything else outside of Photoshop/Illustrator/After Effects easier. To each his own though.

I prefer the medium size, though I’m using it on a dual screen. Considering getting a small for home use.

by
by
by
by
by
by