9 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United States
reelfernandes says

We’ve seen several requests from Envato to document our source-files beyond providing examples, and workflow documentation.

Please improve the documentation “Help.pdf” to provide more details about setting up library code (tweenlite.swc, etc…). Most customers do not have much experience in setting up these libraries.

We are not an educational company. It is not our responsibility to teach customers how to learn Flash Professional, Flash Builder, or any of the tools required to compile source.

What should we do, link to the Flash Professional, or Flash Builder, or FDT manual, or all of them? We cannot be responsible for the customer’s knowledge level. Adobe does a good enough job documenting how to use their tools. Additionally a customer may be using another IDE to edit source-files.

We provide ready-to-use software. Due to Envato’s source requirements we do not sell all of our productions through Envato. But we do include source in a few products, however we have no interested in documenting anything beyond working examples, and tools required to publish source. We cannot foresee and address every aspect of a project that may not be within a customers skill-set.

Please mandate a clear set of rules for your reviewers to adhere to, and do not allow reviewers to review outside of them.

4140 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
tsafi says

Read the rules its say something about help document as a mandatory request for upload file even if you say “we have no interested in documenting”….. fallow the rules on the upload requirement ……

Also the example you say on .swc , trust me many don’t even know what it is if they are not that experience with flash and will not know how to direct it on the path on their own FLA .(also my advice to you try not to use .swc but the regular folder/ .as ,as it will be less problem for the buyer ).

And yes we are not educational company but from my experience help document will help you a lot on basic question buyer will ask you on the support.

On a personal level i see more and more notes regarding reviewers here on AD mostly from new first time submitters, we have 2-3 reviewers here they are great guys that know what they are doing with great flash/flex skills and they are members here for a very longggggggg time and know the vibe on what buyer failed to understand on the basic level when they buy a file here .

So if i where you i will fallow there advise…...

9 posts
  • United States
reelfernandes says

@tsafi

We document our examples, and how to use our product. That should be enough.

We have zero interest in teaching customers how to use Flash. That’s absurd.

4140 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
tsafi says

Since you post it 2 hours passed away, you are also native in English so you should embrace by now the feedback’s you gut from the reviewers in speedy time and improve the documentation “Help.pdf” and upload the file again ……

Or you can keep state this is absurd over and over on the forum for days …..And in that case your file will never get approve cos` you really need to upload it first .

What i am saying except the way the system work and fallow the reviewer’s feedback or keep writhing absurd absurd absurd absurd absurd absurd absurd absurd absurd absurd absurd absurd,……..but i never saw AD member making money here from just stating its absurd absurd absurd absurd :P

Just work on the dam help file and upload it again , really man it’s the easy way ….

9 posts
  • United States
reelfernandes says

Thanks Tsafi. We’re just using the Feedback forum to give our feedback to Envato. We value the reviewers notes about our products, and want to provide customers with the best products we can develop. Teaching customers how to use Flash Professional, or Flash Builder, or FDT , or all of them combined just seems outside the scope of our ability. There are a ton of great educational resources on the internet, and in schools. We, and the customers, are better off by focusing on creating great products, with working examples, and documentation about how to use them effectively.

4140 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
tsafi says
reelfernandes said
great educational resources on the internet, and in schools.

really that word “educational” again ? :P .

1 post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
Samog0N says

Hello Can you help with documentation. What to write in a document to the animation? I do not use scripts that need to be there to describe just doing animation. Maybe there is a link to an example of this type of document?

184 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Europe
MediaSfx says

Hello Can you help with documentation. What to write in a document to the animation? I do not use scripts that need to be there to describe just doing animation. Maybe there is a link to an example of this type of document?

if it is a keyframe animation say something about how to drag and drop from library. If it is a vector then say that they can scale it to any size. If your object is made up of different layers (usually if is something complicated) say how things work there, what to edit.

Think that you just bought the file and you need to edit something, wouldn’t be nice if you could read the help file and find a solution fast ?

Don’t forgot that people are buying items from here because they don’t have time to waste trying to understand how it’s working something and they need quality.

So it’s very important to make your item easy to use. To make your item easy to use make a quick guide and then go deep and explain every feature.

A reviewer from codecanyon give me this link to create documentation very easily and now I’m using this, you should try too

Hope it helps! Iulian

by
by
by
by
by
by