6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Jdirect says

I just got the dreaded rejection email from my latest submission. Can you help me figure out what to fix?

“Your file does not provide the necessary design quality to compete in the marketplace at this time. It requires improvements in term of design, visual hierarchy, typography, layout and aesthetic quality but most importantly how the design is executed.”

I’m thinking that the layout of the demo is what killed it? Is that the trick to getting approved? Having an awesome looking demo home page? I’ve gotten nothing but good feedback from the Joomla community, so this one’s is a mind-boggler. The last template I submitted a few months ago was also rejected twice so I ended up giving it away for free on my site. It’s had over 5k downloads so far. I just can’t manage to get my stuff approved on TF

Please take a look at my demo. Your input on the design or layout is welcome.

http://demo.joomladirect.com/coco

Thanks!

90 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
trippleS says
  1. Arrow icon on slideshow
  2. Gap on the right side of Client and Testimonial
  3. Just polish and take care ...Good luck with sales.
259 posts JoomFX.com
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 200+ members
+3 more
joomfx says

Hey Jdirect,

Your template is a good starting point :) At the moment it does not look complete… I mean try adding some more stuff to it (Components, Modules, etc.).
Also, try to improve the Home Page and the Menu because these are the things that attracts customers the most :)
As trippleS sad, try to polish it, solve the spacing issues and just make every pixel perfect.

There is only one thing you need to remember – Never give up! ;)

90 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
trippleS says
There is only one thing you need to remember – Never give up!
Just see the sell volume of joomfx. Thats really great in Joomla CMS. So, Never give up !!
6 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Jdirect says

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback! You are both leaders in the Joomla-marketplace here, so I will take your comments to heart.

For now, I decided to not waste any more time tweaking the template for ThemeForest. Coco is now up for sale on my own site JoomlaDirect

I need to take a breather before getting back into the ThemeForest game. Not giving up! :evilgrin:

by
by
by
by
by
by