3 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Switzerland
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
wildmind-ch says

Hi folks

I have been looking around ThemeForest for a nice HTML/CSS template to convert into a theme for Orchard (.NET stack CMS) It’s not a very widespread CMS, but I really like it and wanted to contribute to the range of themes available for it. I have next to no design skills though because I am a developer (and only a developer), so I will need a finished HTML/CSS template to work with.

I contacted a few authors of HTML/CSS themes that I like directly, but none were interested. I offered both buying a extended license from them (around 800$) or sharing earnings (basically paying them for every Orchard theme I sell).

It’s an enigma to me why nobody would be interested in such a deal, since I thought that template authors were interested in selling their templates. Is there something that I am not aware of? Designer pride? Fear of a wave of support requests? Fear that they won’t sell their WordPress versions anymore?

I’m puzzled!

Any advice on this?

PS: I am looking for a responsive template, sleek and simple design. Blog posts, some page layouts, 404, typography, the usual stuff. If one of you happen to have one of those and are willing to let me work it into an Orchard theme I would be happy to have a look :)

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
afsharm says

Hi wildmind-ch,

I am very interested in your work. Indeed I need some Orchard themes to buy. But found nothing. Maybe forced myself to create some Orchard theme from existing ThemeForest themes.

If you or any other did this someday, I will be happy to hear about it. My email is afshar [dot] mohebbi [atsign] gmail [dot] com

(Why this theme related thread appears in audiojungle.net?)

Afshar

3 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Switzerland
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
wildmind-ch says

Hi Afshar!

Cool, I’m happy to hear you are interested in premium Orchard themes. There have been some things going on since I first posted above. I moved away from the idea of taking existing themes on Themeforest and convert them, since Themeforest a) doesn’t consider Orchard themes and b) would price them at 20$ no matter how good they are, which is obviously not a fair price for a full blown Orchard theme.

I contracted a professional designer and now I’m working on launching the service independently over at shovelandrake.com. The site will launch in the weeks to come. Currently, you can sign up there with your email to be notified on the launch day.

In the meantime, there are also two other companies that offer Orchard themes, which you can check out: Orchard Prime and Bind.

Cheers Alexander

308 posts PremiumLayers.com
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
PremiumLayers says

hi Alex,

contact me through my profile or by skype (fatondesign) maybe we can make a deal for this.

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
afsharm says

Hi wildmind-ch,

Congrats for your new service, shovelandrake.com. Wish successfulness for it. I never noticed that ThemeForest highest price is $20. It can slow the progress. Thanks for sharing information.

Best Regards, Afshar Mohebbi

by
by
by
by
by
by