3 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
onetreehill says

So.. i am josh from India, i am not professional web developer,but i can understand and modify a html sites and so i got a client they are my friends. They want me to develop a site for their small business its like mobile phone service job they are doing. i Don’t have an idea about the pricing and some procedure. The web design will be a normal html template any thing from themeforest. I just want help from you guys who doing this buisness..

1. cost for domain, hosting and web template you are getting? 2. Should i use my own card detail on purchase of domain and hosting or have to use theirs.

Thankyou..

1402 posts
  • Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United States
WebSmacker says

My best advice is to come up with some type of contract, even if they are friends. For domain and hosting I offer a package that includes monthly maintenance like backups, updates and etc. This allows you to charge a little extra to keep the website running smoothly. Good luck with your first project!

3 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
onetreehill says

My best advice is to come up with some type of contract, even if they are friends. For domain and hosting I offer a package that includes monthly maintenance like backups, updates and etc. This allows you to charge a little extra to keep the website running smoothly. Good luck with your first project!

Thanks for your reply.. I am planning to get host and buy domains from bigrock or godaddy. i’m looking for some tips and ideas..

1402 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
WebSmacker says

Do not host with godaddy, it is horrible! I suggest hostgator – beeen with them for years and they have top notch support.

1402 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
WebSmacker says

If you go with hostgator reseller package, for only $25 a month you get access to WHMCS which you can use for billing and management. Also you get discounted domain prices through Enom. Right now I can buy any .com for 9.95/year.

3007 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • United States
TNL3542 says

+111111111 godaddy is crap

3 posts
  • Exclusive Author