patrickriley2010
patrickriley2010 Recent Posts Threads Started
5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
patrickriley2010 says

WP THEMES ONLY PLEASE

Okay so i run a tutorial site “currently isnt doing much” but id like it to be like one of the tut.plus sites. http://psd.tutsplus.com/ . I used to use convergence and that was a great theme!!! But with wordpress upgrades and such it just wasnt keeping up. I like Kriesi’s theme Newscast 4 in 1 for a tutorial site what do you guys think? Features im looking for in the tutorial site are.

1. Multipage Portfolio with different categories, such as “photoshop, cinema 4d, etc…” And have a main portfolio with like a mix of all of those but in the nav a drop down to a specific category. Kriesi’s display theme does this my friend has it.
  2. Featured box/ slider
  3. Post author infobox
  4. Ability to share on social sites “not too important” tons of plugins
  5. Post Thumbnails
  6. The ability to follow on FB,Twitter,etc…
  7. Threaded Comments
  8. I need to be able to have lists such as ” 1,sub 1, sub 2 2, sub1, sub2, sub3” so i can have like a step 1 and within that step there could be like sub steps labeled 1234, and then have the next main step be 2 etc…
  9. Flicker gallery
  10. Drop Down Nav
  11. Google analytics
  12. Ad support “including adsense but not too important”

Also I’m looking to make a portfolio site for free lancing, but i also want to use it as a blog. “I Know i could just blog on the tutorial site” But i’d just like to have those features. My portfolio would need to be able to show case my cg, post production, photography, design, etc.. and id like thos to be on seperate portfolio pages. Dang if you read all of this thank you! ill but a special thanks to you on my sites!!! For sure!

1. Multiple page/category portfolio like the other site
  2. threaded comments
  3. blog
  4. Ability to share on social sites “not too important” tons of plugins
  5. The ability to follow on fb, twitter, etc
  6. contact
  7. Flicker gallery
  8. Drop Down Nav
  9. Google analytics
  10. Ad support “including adsense but not too important”
659 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
luckykind says

3 Options…

A ) Go to the homepage, click on “Popular Items”...

Now back away from your monitor… grab a dart, and cover your eyes and launch it as hard as you can at the “Popular Items” page…

85% of them are Wordpress Themes that have many of the things you want… the one the dart hits is your destiny and your path to riches beyond your wildest imagination…

B ) Purchase Kriesi’s Theme

C ) Lay off the coffee for the rest of the day… come back tomorrow, re-think the entire thing on decaf… and it might become clearer for you then…

PS – Welcome! :)

patrickriley2010
patrickriley2010 Recent Posts Threads Started
5 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
patrickriley2010 says
3 Options…

A ) Go to the homepage, click on “Popular Items”...

Now back away from your monitor… grab a dart, and cover your eyes and launch it as hard as you can at the “Popular Items” page…

85% of them are Wordpress Themes that have many of the things you want… the one the dart hits is your destiny and your path to riches beyond your wildest imagination…

B ) Purchase Kriesi’s Theme

C ) Lay off the coffee for the rest of the day… come back tomorrow, re-think the entire thing on decaf… and it might become clearer for you then…

PS – Welcome! :)

Haha wasnt drinking any coffee and ive spent like 4 hours contemplating on which one i like i wish there was like a try this theme for 30 days button

Oh and ps your vcard theme is pretty cool! I like the contact page!

by
by
by
by
by
by