2529 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

Hi everyone. If you’re like me, every once in a while, you’ll come across a theme that makes you think, “How did that get accepted!”. We all have different taste levels, and things do slip through the cracks from time to time.

I’m beginning a new system to make sure that all of our reviewers, myself included, are on the same page. It’s understandable when I receive an email from an author stating, “My template is much better than this one…”.

How can you help me?

If you ever come across a theme that elicits a similar reaction to the one mentioned above, please send an email to sitemanager@themeforest.net.

Please don’t email me with a list of 20 templates, or ones that you simply don’t like the style of. Only email me if you come across something that you feel should have DEFINITELY been rejected.

I will then take these templates, confidential of course, and use them as a guideline for my reviewers.

A couple of you already do this, and I thank you so much.

Jeffrey

P.S. PLEASE don’t call anyone out in this thread. It’s disrespectful. Only send me a private email.

698 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
segen says

Yes sir.

71 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
karu says

gr8 stuff

323 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
shadow66142000 says

This is good stuff…glad to hear to it!

171 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
clarklab says

always good to get the community involved. this should lead to a better quality level overall, well played.

171 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
myTheme says

Sounds like a good system. No one is perfect, not even the reviewers :D

204 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $1+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
parajuli says

How about putting those templates into the bargain bin (creating one) :D

951 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Daan says

Aye Aye

86 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Bad_cop says

Also, it’s great because it gives us the chance to set the level of quality! Awesome stuff jeff!

145 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
JJenZz says

Oooh this is fantastic news… I haven’t emailed about any I’ve come across previously because I didn’t want to seem like a moany old sold haha!

Now I don’t feel so bad… thanks. Will help out right away =)

by
by
by
by
by
by