5 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Italy
dottorgp says

Hello, please help me. I have rejected my template: http://www.fruitblu.com/my-portfolio/ advice to be accepted?

burningstonecold
burningstonecold Recent Posts Threads Started
143 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Won a Competition
burningstonecold says

Firstly the Highlighted Navigation doesn’t work properly and the design includes very little areas for main content. Secondly, the Design, is not something i like. I think there is a bad color choice and the layout needs to be reworked a little.

It would help if you shared the reviewer comments also.

(P.S: Sorry if i’m sounding harsh, just trying to give constructive criticism to make you a better designer, so don’t take it to heart)

27 posts
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Belgium
  • Exclusive Author
ReinVO says

It’s a good start. But it’s not finished in my opinion. The highlighting problem should be solved, which is 30 seconds of work. I think the colors should be reworked a bit, I don’t like the pink on the orange/brown. Furthermore I don’t like the lighteffects, it’s a bit over the top. Maybe try to keep it a bit cleaner? The text on the about page and contact page are not very nice to read. Work more on how you deliver the content on those pages. I also don’t like how I have to scroll to see the footer, When I see the content, I don’t want to scroll.

(P.S: Sorry if i’m sounding harsh, just trying to give constructive criticism to make you a better designer, so don’t take it to heart) – Copyright by burningstonecold

Good luck!

Rein

255 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United States
BuchmannDesign says

+1 on the color choice. On the “about” page, the content area is too wide. It makes the text hard to read. Plus the line spacing is too tight. The highlight effects need to be more subtle. As it is now, it’s the first thing i notice, which probably isn’t what you want.

Good luck!

364 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
chrisfay says

+1 on the lighting/glows – looks very sporadic and dominates the focus.Not really a fan of the pink in this case either. Your contact page doesn’t validate and the typography could be improved – ie. the about page is hard to look at with that giant dense block of text, no varying size, and tight leading.

Just some thoughts for improvement…

5 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Italy
dottorgp says

thanks guys! you are kind. excuse my English:)

I put the perfect job. Only question for the font is recommended? I have to change font? I did not understand that. thanks. greetings from italy!

by
by
by
by
by
by