3135 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says

Hi creative people! I never posted to a forum so much but guess love Videohive…you all are excelent in what you do!

I have an issue. Most of my clients have the need to display a video promo on a projector. I work for different christian ministries and usually they hire me to do video promo for their activities or events.

Most of this ministries / churches, use a presentation software name “Easyworship”. It only supports MPG1 , MPG2, AVI , DV, WMF , WMV. When working with Mac, need to convert MOV to MPG2 but I’‘ve notice that final results are quite different in quality. What I do is render to MOV in AE and convert to MPG with Premiere but results are poor.

I’ve been using AVI but con is file size are quite huge. I starting searching on the web and got (a trial) of Sonrenson Squeeze to compress MOV to MPG and results are ok.

I know this rendering and compressing needs a lot of trial and what works for you may not work for me because we all have different needs. I’m still using the trial, and software is expensive.

Any thougths? suggestions? Thanks in advance….

1001 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+7 more
baf2681 Envato team says

What is the size and asprect ratio your needing to create? I am a fan of telestreams EPISODE

the app compressor which is part of the Final Cut studio pack works great as well.

3135 posts
+4 more
Daniel_R says
What is the size and asprect ratio your needing to create? I am a fan of telestreams EPISODE the app compressor which is part of the Final Cut studio pack works great as well.

Size needed is 720×480 and aspect ratio is 1.21..looking to telestream…interesting…thanks for your help!

1001 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+7 more
baf2681 Envato team says

it could also be your bitrate. try increasing the bitrate in whatever app your using now.

3135 posts
+4 more
Daniel_R says
it could also be your bitrate. try increasing the bitrate in whatever app your using now.

Thanks, I’ll try that…and by the way BG Renderer works fantastic!

1 post
wenling85 says

In some degree, bitrate did has something to do with the quality, but I dont think that would give you much help.

You just need a good video converter to convert .mov file. Programs I know have smart render is [ link edited ], and I’m sure there are many more….

145 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
+5 more
frayquantum says

when you talk about MOV and AVI /WMV, keep in mind that they are just containers. the codec you use will affects quality greatly.

for instance, for Master files, people like to use .MOV with animation, JPG2000 , PNG, Prores, or MPEG2 , but with “high” profile">HDV codec.

for delivery, people like to use .MOV with H.264 or MPEG4 /MPEG2 codec. because of their compression ability and quality, especially H.264.

for flash .FLV for online delivery there’s VP6 , Sorenson, and MPEG4 available as choice.

all these have their strength and weaknesses.

AVI files can also have lots of codec types. from uncompressed(for master files), to all kinds of divx, ogg.vorbis, indeo etc.

converting to mpeg2 from a mov files will work, but only if the mov files is of superior format(like png, animation, or mpeg2 with “high or 5.0” profile). because if you run an already compressed files thru another program, it’s like recompressing twice. so quality will degrade evertyime it is encoded. if you do it three times, most likely you’ll end up with artefacts.

the usual workflow will be like, render a high quality Master files once, and then render derivatives from it for your delivery options.

hope that helps :D

PS: maybe this will be overkill, but look up AVANTI GUI , with ffmpeg it does wonders.

and staff…maybe we should have codec related tutorials soon, because the materials about codecs are just immense…...

418 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
Matthias_ says

If you got Quick Time Pro, its very easy to convert and it’s cheap!

5219 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Moderator says
If you got Quick Time Pro, its very easy to convert and it’s cheap!

I’ll second that. You can’t go wrong for 29 bucks.

As I remember, you can export DivX, MP4 and AVI with a variety of codecs.

Compressor will give you more options, but costs a bit more… Also it’s Mac only.

There’s a bunch of free mpeg 2 and flv video encoders for PC. Just Google ‘em.

The premiere export thing sounds like your compression settings.

-felt.

3135 posts
+4 more
Daniel_R says

Thanks for your comments…advice highly appreciated…

frayquantum: thanks for remind me that. I have not idea what I didn’t include asking about different codecs on this threat. I usually use the high profile on quicktime though but hasn’t got yet a nice result with mpeg2 or as high quality but honestly forgot the codec thing. Dumb me! That’s what I like this forums..thanks frayquantum and I’ll give a try of the software you mention and I agree with you about the codecs tutorial.

Driverx: your are helping me a lot with this stuff..thanks again for lighting my bulb with the quicktime pro that I just forgot was something I learned from Aaron Rabinowitz sometime ago…:)

Felt_tips: so right …as always! Thanks!! :) I’ll try different codecs…and them post back here…

by
by
by
by
by
by