• Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
AdamGold says

Hi, I would like to get help in my upcoming theme: http://tview.co.il/themeforest/sitezone/

First of all, what do you think of it? Is it good enough to get accepted? What design improvments shall I make? I asked feedback from Jarel through a support ticket, and here’s what he said: “I would recommend starting with adding more styled elements and options to give the template a higher value level. I would recommend working on typography and visual hierarchy after that.”

What exactly does he mean? What styled elements should I add and what’s wrong with the typography? ( I’m not asking you to explain him, I am asking you to give your opinion on the subjects he mentioned)

Second, I need a JS help. As you can see, I use jQuery UI slider. I integrated it with my own slider, but as you can see, on the first slide (when you first move the slider handle) the value of the slider is 0 (wherever the handle will be, even if it’s on the last slide [value supposed to be 2]). Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks!

1026 posts
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • France
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+4 more
Pixelworkshop says

Hey Adam, try to resize your browser, even with a 1600px width there’s an horizontal scrollbar (and in a 1024 resolution, it doesn’t fit into the window), vertical alignment needs improvements (the big image, the logo and texts don’t align properly). And the big image displays over the content when resizing. For information I’m using the latest FF.

Good luck !

443 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
SplitV says

Edit: sorry I meant IE8 , i was using chrome but with an IE8 tab in it. And there are alot of alignment issues.

753 posts
  • Exclusive Author
AdamGold says

@Keliah – Thanks, but I didn’t understand your point.

@SplitV – I always use Chrome, nothing wrong.

please guys, leave the code issues for me. I want design issues & help so solve the slider problem. Thanks anyway! :)

1 post
rbogycoors says

Here is my opinion (I am a buyer and not a designer):

The top bar with the logo may work better with a gradient OR a different style for the links. Both are simple and clash.

I think you should play with the font choice, font size, and headers a bit more to find something that fits the style a bit smoother in the body of the theme.

The images under “My.. Work” look distorted and have sizing issues as well as “thumb.png”. All are stretched.

(I’m using Firefox 3.5.9 and resolution 1280×1024)

This is just my opinion. Hope it helps you get it to a point it can sell successfully.

1026 posts
  • Elite Author
  • France
+4 more
Pixelworkshop says

Sorry… I was just saying that there are some problems with alignment, it looks like you don’t use any grid don’t you ? It helps so much and saves a lot of time. I built my work with the 960gs that I modified to fit to my needs.

And I was talking about the bottom scroll bar at the bottom of the browser, it appears on lower resolutions (or when resizing the window), and I found that it doesn’t fit with into a 1024px resolution but for this last point, it’s up to you.

1026 posts
  • Elite Author
  • France
+4 more
Pixelworkshop says

Yep when the width of the window is smaller that 1920px, the logo is in the middle, the menu disappear and the slider creates the scrollbar at the bottom. Simply resize your window to see that, hope that helps :)

629 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
VagrantRadio says

Set some widths on the navigation, horizontal scrollbar and the slider. The navigation hides, the scroll bar is off center and the slider image shows up at the bottom when resizing the browser.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3104/4596998098_e0d1eea608_b.jpg

753 posts
  • Exclusive Author
AdamGold says

Thank you guys, I will work on it.

@Keliah – I tried to use grid but I just don’t understand how to work with it. Can you please help me ? :D

1026 posts
  • Elite Author
  • France
+4 more
Pixelworkshop says

For example if you download the 960gs, you’ll get the PSD with all guidelines. ou can remove some of them depending on the number of columns you want. The default number of columns is 12 so you can divide it into 2, 3, 4 or 6 columns. Basically it’s an empty PSD with guidelines, that’s all, all you have to do is to make your design fit into that but there are other grids…

by
by
by
by
by
by