2 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • United Kingdom
StickmanStock says

Hi Everyone!

I got a ‘hard reject’ on my recently submitted project, but no useful explanation why. The standard email response states that “it did not meet our minimum requirements for quality and/or marketplace policies”.

I’ve been an After Effects professional for around 15 years and I’ve bought over 40 Videohive templates whilst working for different clients, so I thought I was familiar with the VH quality standards. Could someone please put me out of my misery and tell me why this is not a commercially viable template:

Xmas Tree Fly-around

Thanks in advance!

\\

\\

\\

\\

\\

339 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
StencilMedia says

I like it, and I think it could do very well on VH. There’s a few things I’m not too keen on though, which is why I wouldn’t buy it.

I think the font and the colours look a bit 90’s. I’ve not had a multi-coloured tree for as long as I can remember… something two-tone, maybe purple and silver for the decorations would look a lot more classy. Also, I’d turn the saturation down on the tree itself, currently it’s looking a bit ‘plasticy’. Maybe a more natural texture with a bit of a bump map will fix that.

Also, although the animation and the camera movements are good, it does get a bit repetitive. Maybe you could alter some of the movement, even if it’s just pulling out to a wider shot with some text next to the tree before it goes back in again or something… maybe some different decorations? I don;t know, just something to add a bit of variety.

And I’m not too keen on the background colour. Apart from that, I think it’s really good and could be a top seller in Christmas items given a few tweaks.

7206 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

fonts and colors as StencilMedia said, also don’t let camera to stop when over one of those balls, come in, slow down, keep a movement, fly away.

1 post
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
DIGITALmotionUK says

Great feedback in the comments above, but I’m still not sure it should have been hard rejected in the first place?

2 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • United Kingdom
StickmanStock says

Thanks for taking the time to check out the project and leave constructive comments – much more helpful than the standard rejection email. The font & background colour are easily edited, but changing the camera animation and re-rendering the tree will be quite time consuming (and another rejection is still a possibility :confused: ).

Hmm, I may look at other avenues, but thanks again for your help.

by
by
by
by
by
by