913 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
joiaco says

I have a logo which keeps getting held and then rejected because i am not submitting the correct files. Excuse me first for being a newbie with the technicalities. I work in Photshop, so sent PSD , and GR suggested adding a ‘vector file’. I resubmitted after adding an EPS file which i tested by opening it in Illustrator, and it showed the paths so i assumed it was a vector file. I also added a set of pngs for good measure!!

I have done several tutorials, but can’t find basic info on converting back and forth between psd, eps, png etc. (at my level of non-knowledge). I just need a recipe that i can follow like a parrot :) Thanks.

844 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Interviewed on an Envato blog
+3 more
chrisatlemon says

I don’t know how complex your file is but since it’s a logo I assume that it’s not more than a few paths.

You can “export paths to Illustrator” and then save as .ai and Illustrator eps.

These would then be true vector files.

Hope this helps

Chris

913 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
joiaco says
chrisatlemon said
I don’t know how complex your file is but since it’s a logo I assume that it’s not more than a few paths.

You can “export paths to Illustrator” and then save as .ai and Illustrator eps.

These would then be true vector files.

Hope this helps

Chris

Thanks Chris,

You’re right, it is a simple enough shape with three colour variations. I did what you suggest but i was not sure if each colour would have to have a separate file for its own path. Surely people are a bit more savvy than that :) I am not sure now why it is held back again. I feel bad that i am maybe wasting reviewers’ time and they will kick me out!!!

jo

844 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Interviewed on an Envato blog
+3 more
chrisatlemon says

I don’t think you need a separate file for each path.

Graphic River FAQ says the following:

“Main file should always be in .EPS or .PSD with editable text.”

With the EPS , if it really contains the paths as you confirmed, you should be okay.

Maybe someone more experienced knows more about this? I don’t really do logos ;)

Chris

PS: I’m now thinking that maybe I did not read your post entirely correctly? As far as I know you can only export path I path. I don’t think there is a full conversion of an entire file from photo shop to Illustrator vector. If there is then I would like to know about it, too ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by