8 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
Infinite789 says

Hi everyone, Taqi Haider here, I hope you all are good !

I am a Freelance web developer,well i just recently visited themeforest.net & am really impress with the template designs which themeforest.net offering in a very reasonable price. I used to buy templates from templatemonster.com but i want move from their to themeforest.net , but I am really flustered with the license’s & their terms and conditions of theme forest. I have few Questions regarding Regular license, can some body help me, Thanks

Regular License:

1. With Regular license can i use any template for custom solution ( For Eg: If template is for hosting Company / can in use it for Corporate Company ) ?

2. Does i have a freedom to change or implement new images/logos/contents/jquery/javascripts in Regular license ?

3. Lets Suppose i buy a template for 14$ from themeforest.net . Template has to be for lifetime right ? or themeforest will charge in future, does they have any restrictions. ?

4. Lets suppose i Deployed the site/end product Today & after 4 months , my client want to add some features or want to add some new pages ? Does i have a freedom to do that without any permission from theme forest ?

I know these questions are so Newbie, But Please I need help so please answer my questions briefly, because i really want to use themeforest templates for my future projects.

Thank you.

474 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
rayoflightt says

Hi Taqi

these are the answers:

1. yes 2. yes 3. one regular license is for lifetime but only for one website. If you want to use one template for more then one website you should buy one license for every new website. 4. yes

If you have more questions you may write to Themeforest support to get official answer.

491 posts
  • Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+3 more
theAlThemist says

1. Yes, you can.

2. Yes, you could customize the item as you wish

3. Yes, you have lifetime rights to use the item and download future updates with no additional charges

4. Yes, you can add whatever custom features you want.

There are basically just a few limitations:

1 single license for EACH AND EVERY client/site/domain/sub-domain

E.g. – lets say you have ONE client who wants TWO web sites with the same design OR the client wants to have a site with One main domain and part of the site on a sub-domain – even if it’s only one client – you would need to purchase TWO single licenses for each of the sites/domains (sub-domain is considered a second site)

You can’t re-sell/re-distribute the item or any parts of it under ANY conditions! Even free of charge!

Hope this helps.

8 posts
Infinite789 says

Thanks “Rayoflight” & “Koev” Really Appreciated, I am 100% satisfied now.

I have one last question, the template which I’ll purchase should be in a ZIP file right ?

1074 posts
  • Forum Superstar
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
Smartik says

Thanks “Rayoflight” & “Koev” Really Appreciated, I am 100% satisfied now. I have one last question, the template which I’ll purchase should be in a ZIP file right ?

Yes, is a .ZIP containing the theme/template files, documentation and some other assets such as psd, images, etc.

8 posts
Infinite789 says

Done. Thanks everyone you Guys rock Take Cares.

by
by
by
by
by
by