Hi everyone, Taqi Haider here, I hope you all are good !
I am a Freelance web developer,well i just recently visited themeforest.net & am really impress with the template designs which themeforest.net offering in a very reasonable price. I used to buy templates from templatemonster.com but i want move from their to themeforest.net , but I am really flustered with the license’s & their terms and conditions of theme forest. I have few Questions regarding Regular license, can some body help me, Thanks
1. With Regular license can i use any template for custom solution ( For Eg: If template is for hosting Company / can in use it for Corporate Company ) ?
3. Lets Suppose i buy a template for 14$ from themeforest.net . Template has to be for lifetime right ? or themeforest will charge in future, does they have any restrictions. ?
4. Lets suppose i Deployed the site/end product Today & after 4 months , my client want to add some features or want to add some new pages ? Does i have a freedom to do that without any permission from theme forest ?
I know these questions are so Newbie, But Please I need help so please answer my questions briefly, because i really want to use themeforest templates for my future projects.
these are the answers:
1. yes 2. yes 3. one regular license is for lifetime but only for one website. If you want to use one template for more then one website you should buy one license for every new website. 4. yes
If you have more questions you may write to Themeforest support to get official answer.
- Exclusive Author
- Author was Featured
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
- Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
- Has been a member for 3-4 years
- Referred between 200 and 499 users
1. Yes, you can.
2. Yes, you could customize the item as you wish
3. Yes, you have lifetime rights to use the item and download future updates with no additional charges
4. Yes, you can add whatever custom features you want.
There are basically just a few limitations:
1 single license for EACH AND EVERY client/site/domain/sub-domain
E.g. – lets say you have ONE client who wants TWO web sites with the same design OR the client wants to have a site with One main domain and part of the site on a sub-domain – even if it’s only one client – you would need to purchase TWO single licenses for each of the sites/domains (sub-domain is considered a second site)
You can’t re-sell/re-distribute the item or any parts of it under ANY conditions! Even free of charge!
Hope this helps.
Thanks “Rayoflight” & “Koev” Really Appreciated, I am 100% satisfied now.
I have one last question, the template which I’ll purchase should be in a ZIP file right ?
Thanks “Rayoflight” & “Koev” Really Appreciated, I am 100% satisfied now. I have one last question, the template which I’ll purchase should be in a ZIP file right ?
Yes, is a .ZIP containing the theme/template files, documentation and some other assets such as psd, images, etc.