767 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
outandouter says

Hi Guys,

I have developed a 360 degree product viewer. So, I want to add sample pictures in the preview. I have found a 360 degree view of a sample product after googling. There are 36 pictures of it showing the product in 360 degree view. What my file does, is present a scroll bar, and as the scroll bar moves the product is showed from different angles(where actually different images at different angles of the product are shown).

So, now since I have grabbed them from somewhere I can’t even remember myself, so I have no copyrights to sell them. Activeden will simply refuse my file. Is it possible that I use these images which I have no copyrights of, in the preview and do not include it in the source files? Will that make my file not acceptable?

Thanks, Kamil Waheed

767 posts
+2 more
outandouter says

Nobody seems to be helping me!

4335 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+10 more
Reaper-Media says

No, you will need to find a source image where the author of that image gives you permission to use it in the preview, and possibly in the main download itself.

767 posts
+2 more
outandouter says

Hmm, thanks!

How can I prove that the author of the images has permitted me to use in my work?

1312 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
LGLab says

You can either point to the site where you got the images, and there it should state the images are usable for commercial purposes, or if you actually know the person, ask him/her to write you an email bla bla bla, in either case you need to provide this info to the reviewer when submitting your file.

4140 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says
Hmm, thanks! How can I prove that the author of the images has permitted me to use in my work?
Making a 360 degree product viewer is really unique the problem is the images since the buyer needs to make panorama image and they are pro to photo.

To prove that the author of the images has permitted you to use it you need a details permission like mail link to photo and some type of latter signed by the photographer.

Check on GR maybe someone can help you with this.

Also what 360 panorama images do you need maybe I can help you with this

2309 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+5 more
theflyingtinman says

You could try Tineye .. .upload the first image and see if Tineye can find the original and its copyright owner

Otherwise it isn’t all that difficult to make your own series of images for a 360 degree rotation. Just buy or make a cheap turntable and mark it off in 36 10-degree increments, set you camera up on a tripod and then you can easily turn the item the exact required amount without moving either the item or camera between shots. Cover the turntable in green felt so you can key it out easily to put your own background on the product.

Or of course you could just buy or create a 3D model in Blender, etc and render 36 views of it from different angles. (Most 3DOcean models come with a 360 rotation already prepared for the preview (which uses a viewer that is probably very similar to the one you have made :) )

@tsafi: I don’t think he is talking about panoramic views, which can be displayed using the same type of viewer but are are indeed much more difficult to create.

767 posts
+2 more
outandouter says
Or of course you could just buy or create a 3D model in Blender, etc and render 36 views of it from different angles. (Most 3DOcean models come with a 360 rotation already prepared for the preview (which uses a viewer that is probably very similar to the one you have made :) )

Oh, yes! Didn’t just think of it… thanks buddy!

Everybody else, Thanks. My problem is solved.

by
by
by
by
by
by