I usually don’t post to forum when my file gets rejected, but I`m lost. The reason why my theme gets rejected is that it needs significant improvements and changes in the main menu. All right but I cant see where it needs those improvements. I will be grateful If someone will be so good to point me in some direction.
You can preview my theme here http://themes.ydimitrov.eu/minimal-desire/
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Exclusive Author
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
- Microlancer Beta Tester
- Bought between 10 and 49 items
- Referred between 1 and 9 users
That’s strange.. I think the navigation fits very good and is working correctly! And the design is good too. I don’t see a reason for getting rejected.
Thank you guys for the replies
@Kriesi I`ve fixed it. Thanks!
It was actually soft rejected. I hope it will be approved now
- Attended a Community Meetup
- Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Author was Featured
- Bought between 1 and 9 items
- Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
Upon first look I was impressed then after a couple minutes I realized the content area (which is very nice!) was distracting me from noticing the header issues. You could definitely improve the top area. I think a bit of extra vertical space up there would be great, also like Kriesi said there is something about the menu that doesn’t feel right.
1. It surprised me that you have those rounded corners on the menu items when the rest of your design uses nice sharp corners. It makes the menu look a bit childish while the rest of the theme looks sophisticated.
2. The solid blue background doesn’t seem right. I get that it’s your accent color, but you use it in a more elegant way with the body containers. For example the border across the top of your footer. It might work better to have the hover put a bottom border instead of a filled background.
Another option might be to make the hover of the top level items be white, turning the text color to the blue like you have in the blog post links on the home page.
3. The bold text for the menu doesn’t match the rest of the site.
Ok, the last thing I’ll mention, and this is a personal preference but I don’t like the font used for the logo. It’s thick and clunky while your design is sleek and sophisticated.
That’s just my thoughts.
Thank you for in depth review, appreciate this I tested it with white background, but it seems that it get lost in other elements. I completely agree with you about the rounded corners. I’ve updated it and added blue bottom border in sub menu.
Thank you again.