38 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Lion says

Hi there,

I usually don’t post to forum when my file gets rejected, but I`m lost. The reason why my theme gets rejected is that it needs significant improvements and changes in the main menu. All right but I cant see where it needs those improvements. I will be grateful If someone will be so good to point me in some direction.

You can preview my theme here http://themes.ydimitrov.eu/minimal-desire/

Thanks! :)

1799 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
BroOf says

That’s strange.. I think the navigation fits very good and is working correctly! And the design is good too. I don’t see a reason for getting rejected.

626 posts
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Has sold $2M+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
+9 more
Kriesi says

2nd level dropwdown doesnt quite work for me. there is a gap between first and second level, and if i move the cursor over that gap the menu closes.

I am using latest Chrome on Mac OSX

http://cl.ly/Ab4Q
38 posts
+5 more
Lion says

Thank you guys for the replies :)

@Kriesi I`ve fixed it. Thanks!

It was actually soft rejected. I hope it will be approved now :)

626 posts
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Has sold $2M+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
+9 more
Kriesi says

Good luck ;)

1038 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+10 more
Parallelus says

Upon first look I was impressed then after a couple minutes I realized the content area (which is very nice!) was distracting me from noticing the header issues. You could definitely improve the top area. I think a bit of extra vertical space up there would be great, also like Kriesi said there is something about the menu that doesn’t feel right.

1. It surprised me that you have those rounded corners on the menu items when the rest of your design uses nice sharp corners. It makes the menu look a bit childish while the rest of the theme looks sophisticated.

2. The solid blue background doesn’t seem right. I get that it’s your accent color, but you use it in a more elegant way with the body containers. For example the border across the top of your footer. It might work better to have the hover put a bottom border instead of a filled background.

Another option might be to make the hover of the top level items be white, turning the text color to the blue like you have in the blog post links on the home page.

3. The bold text for the menu doesn’t match the rest of the site.

Ok, the last thing I’ll mention, and this is a personal preference but I don’t like the font used for the logo. It’s thick and clunky while your design is sleek and sophisticated.

That’s just my thoughts.

38 posts
+5 more
Lion says

@Parallelus

Thank you for in depth review, appreciate this :) I tested it with white background, but it seems that it get lost in other elements. I completely agree with you about the rounded corners. I’ve updated it and added blue bottom border in sub menu.

Thank you again.

by
by
by
by
by
by