Hi i am having some probs coding a web page, ive been using aptana and web developer addon for firefox, my problem is when i click edit css in web developer everthing seems fine but when i save it then open my index.html file my images are not there but when am editing the file my images display fine heres my coding, thanks
The HTML you posted has no head. With no head there is no way to call in your stylesheet, set a page title, etc.
Are you sure the path to the images is the correct one?
I often have this problem when my file structure is the following:
When you are writing the css in the Web Developer Toolbar the path to the image is images/image.png but when you save the code to your css file it needs to be updated to ../images/image.png
Hope this answers your question!
Ty problem solved
Now my next problem is i am trying to color my main content which is named container in my html and css but when i add the color there is no change anyone know why this is happening, and yeah i noticed about the head in my html i never copied the file over properly but its defo there
- United States
- Was featured in a podcast
- Attended a Community Meetup
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
- Contributed a Blog Post
Ty problem solved Now my next problem is i am trying to color my main content which is named container in my html and css but when i add the color there is no change anyone know why this is happening, and yeah i noticed about the head in my html i never copied the file over properly but its defo thereCan you post a link to your page? That will make things a lot easier for us to debug.
Check to see which style declaration is overriding your background-color and get more specific with that element.
I just purchased a webtemplate, but How do I upload it into my current website tonight website from godaddy?
Is this possible? If so, can it be automated?
Any info helps..thanks
- 1. Download a FTP Program like FileZilla
- 2. Connect to the FTP address, given to you by godaddy (ftp address, username and password)
- 3. Upload (drag and drop) the files from the YourPurchasedTHEME.zip file.
- 4. Open your website.com