8 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
lilmagie says

I have theme Dark Atlantica and when I go into a page and put a check mark by the “allow comments” button, I then go to the page on the live website, and there is no comment box on that page. The only place where my comment box is showing up is when you go to my blog and click the “comments” button next to the blog. I when to my comments setting and I’m pretty sure I have it set up properly but I don’t know if I’m missing something. Here’s my website if you need to look at it. www.thesunnysideband.com thanks Margaret

3451 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

First off, in WordPress, the comments can be changed per post as well as in general (Settings > General > Discussion), and when you change the general settings they may only be applied to new posts. Check and make sure “Allow Comments” is checked under the “Discussion” section of your post’s edit page and that you have Comments allowed (“Allow people to post comments on new Articles”).

From a quick glance at the product page, it looks like you might also need to choose the appropriate template (“with comments”) in order to display comments.

Have you looked for a solution in the documentation? Or in the product page comments?

If you’ve tried all that and you’re still having trouble, you should contact the author of Dark Atlantica directly: http://themeforest.net/user/epicera

Also, there’s really no need to yell in your forum post titles :)

1383 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
wpCanyonThemes says

1) Don’t use all capital letters, it’s childish, annoying and makes you look like a dick so people won’t help you out. Now if you’re 10 years old i’m sorry, that’s normal at that age, but if you’re not 10 then grow up, unless you’re mentally challenged and stopped developing after 10 years, then i’m sorry.

So which one is it? Idiot, 10y old or mentally challenged?

2) To answer your question, some themes are made without comments on pages, i suppose that this theme is like that, the best thing to do here is to contact the author and he’ll help you out, it’s basically a copy paste job. Now if you already contacted him and he didn’t answer, do it again but without all CAPS .

Have in mind that all authors will help out a customer, but if the customer is acting like a dick they might not help out, so be nice, explain him your problem and i’m sure you’ll get your comments nice and with a strawberry on the top.

Ok?

8 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
lilmagie says

Sorry for the caps. I guess I never learned forum etiquette. I think my caps just happened to be on and just didn’t want to delete everything and type it over in lower case. I’m sorry you’re so easily offended and will make sure it doesn’t happen again but thanks for the help.

1383 posts
+1 more
wpCanyonThemes says

We’re not easily offended, on the internet ALL CAPS is equivalent of yelling, not just on this forum, everywhere on the internet.

You’re welcome, hope that comments issue gets sorted out.

2063 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
Landonw says

wpCanyonThemes is right, if someone emailed me and said

“HEY, I WANT YOU TO DO A CUSTOMIZATION IN EXIRIA FOR ME . CAN YOU DO IT ?” I’d be like

“Hell no, you need to stop e-yelling at people, man.”

1383 posts
+1 more
wpCanyonThemes says

wpCanyonThemes is right, if someone emailed me and said

“HEY, I WANT YOU TO DO A CUSTOMIZATION IN EXIRIA FOR ME . CAN YOU DO IT ?” I’d be like

“Hell no, you need to stop e-yelling at people, man.”

Or something like “GEEEZZZUUUUS, stop yelling at me, bitch and go make me a sandwitch”. I keed i keed… :) RWJ rules.

3451 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

Hey guys, I think the point has been made. I’m sure it was an honest mistake on the OP’s part. Let’s let it go :)

I’m sure you don’t want to scare away buyers from the marketplace!

2541 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

Hey guys, I think the point has been made. I’m sure it was an honest mistake on the OP’s part. Let’s let it go :) I’m sure you don’t want to scare away buyers from the marketplace!

+1

Let’s take it easy now guys and see how we can help the buyers that come here looking for it :)

1383 posts
+1 more
wpCanyonThemes says

Hey guys, I think the point has been made. I’m sure it was an honest mistake on the OP’s part. Let’s let it go :) I’m sure you don’t want to scare away buyers from the marketplace!

+1 Yeah, customers come first guys, no need to insult or anything.

Edit: Ohhhh wait, i was one of them, dang it.

by
by
by
by
by
by