• Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
rayoflightt says

I just got my template soft rejected with following explanation:

“JavaScript files need to be placed at the bottom, barring critical exclusion. [Modernizr, for instance] JavaScript loaded directly into HTML documents (template files) should be CDATA encoded to prevent errors in older browsers. The javascript should be JSHint compliant. Make sure the CSS file is well documented with proper table of content.”

I use the same scripts as I used for my previous templates and never got this kind of requirement. Actually I don’t understand what should I do with scripts. “CDATA encoded and JSHint compliant. What is that supposed to mean? I make template for ie8 and above.

Did someone got the same requirement and can give me an advice? Thanks.

967 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+2 more
purethemes says

Run your JS through this http://www.jshint.com/ and keep it in the bottom instead of header. That’s all you need.

427 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
rayoflightt says

purethemes, thanks I’ll try that. But it seems this is a new TF requirement.

3058 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
wickedpixel says

The js in the footer rule seems a pretty radical move. Or full jsHint compliant. Probably you had really bad code and they enforced you to use this rules in order to make you repair stuff. Hm.

108 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
designedbydash says

Throw the JS to the bottom of the page and don’t worry too much about the JSHint, typically if you move the JS to the bottom that satisfies that criteria. We got soft rejected with that notice and merely moved the JS and we got approved :)

427 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
rayoflightt says

The js in the footer rule seems a pretty radical move. Or full jsHint compliant. Probably you had really bad code and they enforced you to use this rules in order to make you repair stuff. Hm.

Actually that are common scripts -jquery.js, camera.js, flex.js etc. I don’t have my js code written. And as I said all scripts were used before. So how could I validate all jquery.js library? That is crazy.

108 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
designedbydash says

Actually that are common scripts -jquery.js, camera.js, flex.js etc. I don’t have my js code written. And as I said all scripts were used before. So how could I validate all jquery.js library? That is crazy.

Check out my reply, don’t worry about the JSHint :)

427 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
rayoflightt says

Throw the JS to the bottom of the page and don’t worry too much about the JSHint, typically if you move the JS to the bottom that satisfies that criteria. We got soft rejected with that notice and merely moved the JS and we got approved :)

I’ll try that, thanks.

812 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Serbia
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
rvision_ says

Js in the footer is the way to go: http://developer.yahoo.com/performance/rules.html

3058 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
wickedpixel says

Js in the footer is the way to go: http://developer.yahoo.com/performance/rules.html
Even they don’t place js in the footer in that page. They even have big code blocks inside the body tag.
Stupid or what?
Anyway… those are “best practices”... not critical requirements in order to make stuff to work.
by
by
by
by
by
by