I purchased Jpholio theme about three weeks ago and have tried everything I can think of, along with a dummy zip folder of instructions that don’t work for me. I cannot seem to get help with answers to my questions. Since the author has the right to pick and choose what he or she will do, I feel I have spent my money for nothing. Can anyone out there give me some instruction.
I cannot get the zip file I was sent to work in wordpress.It says it needs to be a different type of file. How do I do this?
I do not wish to sell any of my portraits at this time. I only want to have it for a portfolio at this point. Is this doable? Will they still have to approve my photo’s?
I tried to upload pictures, but it would only take me to another page that showed the picture but would not put it in a collection. So there was nothing there. :-/
I am so frustrated. I NEVER had this trouble when I used wordpress themes. Please help!!!
I see no theme or file called “Jpholio”??? What do you mean it “needs to be a different file type”? Who needs to “approve your photos”? Is it a WordPress theme you bought and you are trying to install it on your own domain and not WordPress.com right?
Charlie, The theme I purchased from ThemeForest called JPhotolio: Responsive Wedding Photography WP Theme. Sorry about the typo on its spelling. Building a website is a first for me outside of using a theme from WordPress.com for a couple of years. Not knowing a whole lot about building a website, I thought a hosting site was included on my purchasing of the theme from Envato. In reading this themes reviews it was a WordPress theme so I thought it would be used on WordPress.com. I clicked the WordPress when it prompted for a site template I tried to follow it but I was lost. A zip of images? I don’t know how to make a zip. :-/ So I am baffled.
While trying to use the Dummy folder (Demo Zip) the Author sent me, I tried to load it on WordPress.com and it said it needed a WXR file.
I do have my own domain, but I don’t know where to place it in my Dashboard. I am struggling because I don’t really understand and to me, directions are not easy to follow or find. Maybe I am not looking in the right place but I don’t know where to look or what to look under.
When I go to upload an image it says something about it needing to be approved. I suppose that is for selling purposes but I only want a portfolio at this point.
Sorry this is so lengthy….
Here is a very small part of the Dummy file I was sent:
<?xml version=”1.0” encoding=”UTF-8”?>
- This is a WordPress eXtended RSS file generated by WordPress as an export of your site. ->
- It contains information about your site’s posts, pages, comments, categories, and other content. ->
- You may use this file to transfer that content from one site to another. ->
- This file is not intended to serve as a complete backup of your site. ->
- To import this information into a WordPress site follow these steps: ->
- 1. Log in to that site as an administrator. ->
- 2. Go to Tools: Import in the WordPress admin panel. ->
- 3. Install the “WordPress” importer from the list. ->
- 4. Activate & Run Importer. ->
- 5. Upload this file using the form provided on that page. ->
- 6. You will first be asked to map the authors in this export file to users ->
- on the site. For each author, you may choose to map to an ->
- existing user on the site or to create a new user. ->
- 7. WordPress will then import each of the posts, pages, comments, categories, etc. ->
- contained in this file into your site. ->
- generator=”WordPress/3.5.1” created=”2013-04-09 08:09” ->
-<rss xmlns:wp=”http://wordpress.org/export/1.2/” xmlns:dc=”http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/” xmlns:wfw=”http://wellformedweb.org/CommentAPI/” xmlns:content=”http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/” xmlns:excerpt=”http://wordpress.org/export/1.2/excerpt/” version=”2.0”>
You cant use themes from her eon WP .com – so you need to install WP (form WordPress.net) onto your own domain then identify the theme zip folder in the download from here and in the WP dashboard on YOUR hosting NOT WP.com select appearance >> themes >> install and locate the file to install. Once this is in you can install the XML by going tools >> import >> Wordpress >> follow the instructions
Charlie, I checked out the options for hosts and went with DreamHost. Now I am trying to get the theme on there. So sorry to trouble you. I am green when it comes to websites. How do I do the one click?
Thank you so much for taking time to help out a newbie on the block. I am now working on my website! Much to learn but excited about it!
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.