• Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Beta Tester
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+4 more
ParkerAndKent says
Sorry just kidding I also think you should give it to some professionals…
hey! we are professionally exorcising his pc so it will work again.

I hope so… right now it is running the recovery from the image… 19h left :O I hope it will work fine as before…

What a nice week, let’m zip the templates bundle now :-p

4145 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says
Sorry just kidding I also think you should give it to some professionals…
hey! we are professionally exorcising his pc so it will work again.

I hope so… right now it is running the recovery from the image… 19h left :O I hope it will work fine as before…

What a nice week, let’m zip the templates bundle now :-p

Just a suggestion for you Parker, or Kent… After you get everything back, backup everything on a SSD hard drive. There are absolutely AMAZING . Speedy, efficient, and far longer life spans than your regular rotation disk. I use one for all my data that I consider fragile and that I consider that must be backed-up. And I am happy to say It never failed once, although my regular HDD ’s fail from time to time ( Even if they are the most expensive, their life span is doubtful! )

RAID ’s ( imo ) still suck. They are a good method of backing up, but ... still suck as they are still based on a rotation HDD . Go SSD ! That will rock your world :)

3069 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
wickedpixel says
SSD hard drive[...] Speedy, efficient, and far longer life spans than your regular rotation disk. I use one for all my data that I consider fragile and that I consider that must be backed-up.
You can’t know that for sure. They are still pretty new on the market and the technology used in them is not that standardized. Theoretically they can last good years, but practically they are still some pieces of hardware where a chip can break in any second. The best thing on them is that they are fast and more resistant at physical shocks.
Always keep the data in more than one place.
4145 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says
SSD hard drive[...] Speedy, efficient, and far longer life spans than your regular rotation disk. I use one for all my data that I consider fragile and that I consider that must be backed-up.
You can’t know that for sure. They are still pretty new on the market and the technology used in them is not that standardized. Theoretically they can last good years, but practically they are still some pieces of hardware where a chip can break in any second. The best thing on them is that they are fast and more resistant at physical shocks.

Well I hot an external one, SSD … that has been trough hell :D just from my testings. It still works, and its still that fast.

1660 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
+4 more
flashedge says
Well I hot an external one, SSD … that has been trough hell :D just from my testings. It still works, and its still that fast.

Which one do you have? I might be interested, my external terabyte HD is nearly full and I might need something more reliable very soon. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by