973 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
aaranmcguire says

hey

Im needing some help, one of my clients just got a new server (mediatemple (DV)) and i we have noticed memory and load time can be high, we have moved most of the downloadable content on to a cloud server but i also want to move all the static content including uploads on another server (to make it a non cookie domain and to improve speed)

I have looked on WP docs and seen they have something called content url, i have tried it but i sometime get errors, and the uploads that have been done (meda) does not get shown via the upload..

If non of that makes makes sense im wanting to put all the images/css/js anything that can be cached on a static server.

Thanks..

366 posts WordPress Guy
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+5 more
Japh Envato team says

Hey Aaron, have you seen our article on Wptuts+ that mentions how to do this? It’s the first tip on the “10 Quick Tips: Optimizing & Speeding Up Your WordPress Site” article.

I hope that helps!

973 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
aaranmcguire says

I have tried that. when i upload media like images will it upload there… thats the problem i found the client has LOTS of images. so just the css and js makes it no point.

by
by
by
by
by
by