3 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Italy
danielapintus says

Hello I was just wondering since I’m new here …if eclipse is a program I can use to create a theme forest?Thanks Daniela

158 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
goofydadog says

“create a theme forest” What are you trying to do?

320 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
SuggeElson says

Hello, eclipse is text editor so if you feel comfortable use it can’t see why not

3 posts
  • Located in Italy
danielapintus says

Hi all, thanks for the replies, so I can use eclipse editor and yes I want to try to create a theme site for this themeforest site to sell it, but don’t really undestand much of how it works!...I don’t know …anyone can help me !! Well I’m very in the biggining and I’m not sure in whitch category I could be! ... I don’t know if I’ll be in the html5 or Cms…. Thanks Daniela

320 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
SuggeElson says
3 posts
  • Located in Italy
danielapintus says

SuggeElson Thanks for your reply but I did study a bit of html and css and know how to develop some items…mayabe I’m not very good in english, but maybe I need some help to start in here, I was trying to say that I’m not sure how to begin so that I could sell themes in here ….cause I learned to build and work with eclipse and so php files extenction, how do I send them here ?? ......I will go throw the sites anyway thanks. ;))

326 posts PremiumLayers.com
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
PremiumLayers says

Go with Sublime Text 3

http://www.sublimetext.com/3
3861 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Nominated Community Superstar of the month
+1 more
charlie4282 says

Your best bet would be to develop a website that you want to sell on here. Once that is finished post a link here and people can advise you if it is good enough and how to submit it.

I do not know much about Eclipse but if it can ONLY be edited using Eclipse as opposed to any HTML CSS etc editor then it won’t be accepted as that makes it a dedicated platform which is not a category on here

1025 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
greenline says

Eclipse is not a text editor. Eclipse is a complete IDE (Integrated Development Environment).

You can integrate Eclipse with a local server (for instance XAMPP) to build PHP applications/websites/templates.

For instance in Eclipse Helios release you have PHP syntax checker, PHP compiler, etc. You can also connect Eclipse with github or another remote version control system….it’s an entire development environment in which yes, you can build a theme for themeforest. Once you get used to it, it becomes your best friend, no matter which is the programming language you are using and no matter if you write SQL queries or if you develop front-end components (HTML, CSS, jquery, javascript, ASP, etc)

And something edited/created in Eclipse can be edited/modified with text editors or other editors, it’s not something “platform dependent”

870 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
uziiuzair says

@danielapintus Hi,
To what I understand, in order to submit your files to ThemeForest, You would first and foremost, become an author here.

Once you’re done with that, You are free to upload theme files here. You would be able to do that by going to http://themeforest.net/upload . The link is also available on the top right where your account name is. (There is a dropdown which has an Upload option) .

If you have knowledge of HTML and CSS you would be able to build themes on eclipse too.

by
by
by
by
by
by