949 posts Where words leave off, music begins.
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United Kingdom
+1 more
AlumoAudio says

Could you let us in on what software you can use to track your music? Also what service you used to finger print your material?

- Kris

To be honest Kris, I’d rather not go into specific details of companies here on the forums, as I’m very aware that some people have a bone of contention of such technologies (born from a lack of proper understanding it seems), but I can say that they all utilise digital fingerprinting technology, that ‘takes a picture’ of your musical work and is able to instantly match it to those used on YouTube. A quick web search will reveal more, I’m sure.

Quite frankly, I was very hesitant to post about it earlier, but I’m just getting more and more frustrated when I read about yet another composer being party to misuse of their creative works on YouTube, and seemingly feeling they have little or no power to control it. Yes we jolly well do.

216 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • South Africa
RomanosMusic says

That is bizarre. Hopefully they take it down and respect your request to do so.

1384 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Reviewer
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+5 more
lucafrancini Reviewer says

You mean, they actually told you to piss off?!!
I was told that due to the high volume of views the video would not be taken down – that people had a right to listen to it without the watermark.

I hate when people say things like this. Music is a job and every job must be paid!

319 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
studio26design says

I think the moral of the story here is to always include a photo of a sexy girl with your Youtube uploads. ;)

On a serious note, I hope the file can be removed because it is all too easy for people to save the tracks as an mp3 as mentioned which is clearly depriving PZ of much deserved income.

383 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
Revturkey says

Good luck PinkZ :)

41 posts
  • Turkey
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
KingandQueen says

wow look what I found all this for a song a posted lol just read all the comments.. Btw the video got 10k views in like five days I made you famous bro your welcome! And also the girls name was elisha cuthbert just in case you wanna check her out..

741 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
delgibbons says

Erm, surely being famous isn’t the point.

Following copyright law is, particularly without the watermark – it basically says “have the music for free”

472 posts Think pink.
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
pinkzebra says

wow look what I found all this for a song a posted lol just read all the comments.. Btw the video got 10k views in like five days I made you famous bro your welcome! And also the girls name was elisha cuthbert just in case you wanna check her out..

I appreciate that you liked the song, man. I really do. And I appreciated your kind comments about the music. It just put me in a funny situation where I needed to figure out how to best capitalize on the growth from the popularity of the Comic Con video and still try to protect the intellectual property rights. It was a new issue for me to figure out. Perhaps there was a better way for me to handle it. Peace.

41 posts
  • Turkey
  • Exclusive Author
KingandQueen says

I have never heard such a crazy thing in my life people have the right to listen to music without watermark you guys have all went corparte and that’s the sad truth.. The video has been taken down and I pretty much got a warning from youtube.. Don’t care, Anyway that music is now on at least 30 more sites if it was the name that was the problem I could have changed it if PZ asked me to he just wanted me to remove it bucasue I was going to get more views.. So yeah it is about being famous @delgibbons

41 posts
  • Turkey
  • Exclusive Author
KingandQueen says

@pinkzebra I have always loved your music I did not mean any disrespecty to you and am sorry for any missunderstanding P.S love how you make music come to life.. RESPECT BRO!

by
by
by
by
by
by