5 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
Holmey says

Hi,

I’d appreciate a little support here from somebody.

I bought the Hermes Wordpress theme last week for a site that I’m doing for a client and when I got round to installing it, it was well broken, menu bar too wide and can’t be adjusted, no widgets showing although they are in place and drag and drop not working in many parts of the dashboard.

My first thought was that I had downloaded a corrupt theme file so I went to my account page on Theme Forest to download another copy only to find that less than 7 days since I bought and paid for the theme it has been discontinued and removed.

I first contacted Theme Forrest, then Alex, (the theme developer), asking then if they could help me with this and 36 hours later, not reply from either of them.

If anybody from Theme Forest is reading this, this is not acceptable, I am not spending money on defective goods that are unfit for purpose and then being ignored when I try to get the issue resolved and unless this matter is resolved by the end of today I will not only be raising a dispute with PayPal who I used to pay for the theme, but also consider putting a banner add advising people not to use Theme Forest product and why I am saying this on every website that I host, (over 70 hosting accounts with combined weekly hits of over 14 million).

Please Theme Forest, act in a professional manner, sort this and sort it fast, I’ve a web site to finish for a client and the theme that I’ve paid for to use on their site is broken and it appears that the company that have taken my money don’t seem to give a dam, that they have taken my money and ran.

A not very happy Phil L

1644 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
dnp_theme says
1387 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Bedros says

Hi,

I’d appreciate a little support here from somebody.

I bought the Hermes Wordpress theme last week for a site that I’m doing for a client and when I got round to installing it, it was well broken, menu bar too wide and can’t be adjusted, no widgets showing although they are in place and drag and drop not working in many parts of the dashboard.

My first thought was that I had downloaded a corrupt theme file so I went to my account page on Theme Forest to download another copy only to find that less than 7 days since I bought and paid for the theme it has been discontinued and removed.

I first contacted Theme Forrest, then Alex, (the theme developer), asking then if they could help me with this and 36 hours later, not reply from either of them.

If anybody from Theme Forest is reading this, this is not acceptable, I am not spending money on defective goods that are unfit for purpose and then being ignored when I try to get the issue resolved and unless this matter is resolved by the end of today I will not only be raising a dispute with PayPal who I used to pay for the theme, but also consider putting a banner add advising people not to use Theme Forest product and why I am saying this on every website that I host, (over 70 hosting accounts with combined weekly hits of over 14 million).

Please Theme Forest, act in a professional manner, sort this and sort it fast, I’ve a web site to finish for a client and the theme that I’ve paid for to use on their site is broken and it appears that the company that have taken my money don’t seem to give a dam, that they have taken my money and ran.

A not very happy Phil L

Hi Phil, sorry for your problem,
I’m sure they’ll contact you and solve your issue, they always do.

And punishing the whole community (there are tons of responsible hardworking authors trying to make a living with the earnings they make here) regarding a single file is something you should think more than twice.

Wish you the best,
Bedros

5 posts
Holmey says

I have contacted both support at Theme Forest and the theme developer, (politely too), and have been totally ignored, if I carried out my business in such a way I wouldn’t be in business for long and it is not the way to treat people who spend money with you.

The theme that I have paid for is defective, full stop, it has now also less than 1 week later been removed so that implies that there is problems with it that can’t be resolved.

I’ve asked in this thread that it gets resolved and quickly, this delay is now costing me money and if it isn’t I will have no option to do as I say above.

Phil L

407 posts
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
PaddyTaylor says

the file is available? http://themeforest.net/item/hermes-fullscreen-premium-wordpress-theme/2585523?sso?WT.ac=search_item&WT.seg_1=search_item&WT.z_author=agurghis

As has been said you can contact support re: refunds, and as the author appears to be responding to item comments I am sure he will reply to your query asap. Please be ware support is not mandatory so can take a little time.

Perhaps post a link to your site in the mean time and someone may be able to help you. It does state on the item page that it is up to WP 3.4 – that is not to say it will not work on 3.5 but if that is what you have installed then it could be causing some of the bugs.

Good luck

5 posts
Holmey says

It’s not that version of Hermes Paddy, it’s http://themeforest.net/item/hermes-fullscreen-ecommerce-wordpress-theme/3017466 one and the copy that I’ve got is totally defective.

Support may not be mandatory but that does not take into account the sale of goods act that states that products sold must be fit for purpose and the file that I paid for clearly isn’t.

36 hours + since I first raised this issue, not good enough Theme Forrest.

Phil L

285 posts
  • Exclusive Author
crossroad says

Hey Holmey,

Sad to hear about your experience. I just wanted to say that may be some of your plugin is conflicting the jQuery code, thats why you are even unable to drag /drop widgets on your dashboard. Have you tried to install it on the clean installation of WordPress without any plugins?

Also, can you try to use the older version of jQuery, since the WordPress 3.5 includes the latest jQuery, which has major changes, and causes problems with the themes.

1644 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
dnp_theme says

You should also consider time zones, the Envato Item Support Policy and also Author’s Item Support policy.

5 posts
Holmey says

It’s not a plugin issues, I’ve tried it with all plugins disabled and its still the same, the theme is clearly unfit for purpose, (why has it been removed?).

I want and expect what I paid for, a theme that works, (and works without having to fiddle about with older jQuery that will certainly cause problems come update time), the theme should have been taken off the market as soon as it stopped working and removing it from sale and ignoring somebody who purchased it it less than 7 days ago when it is clearly defective is not and should not be acceptable to anyone.

Phil

285 posts
  • Exclusive Author
crossroad says

Sure, Using older version of WordPress or JQuery is not acceptable, and its the authors responsibility to keep things updated.

All you need to do is to relax, and wait for the Themeforest reply (I have read that if you tweet them support ticket ID, they reply faster). If the theme has been removed, you should be able to get the refund.

by
by
by
by
by
by