2 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
M-marketing says

Hey, I’d like to hear your opinion on this design. It has been rejected several times by the reviewers, due to messyness and too many effects.

http://manolchev.com/newmedia/home.jpg http://manolchev.com/newmedia/work.jpg

Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

14 posts
  • Bulgaria
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Valcho says

I like it. It’s fresh and straightforward. It just lacks a bit of padding in the footer menu/text and it could be really nice if you change the line-height a little bit.

Great work though.

4905 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

M-Marketing, discussing your file is allowed but only within the “item discussion” section of the forum. I have relocated your post. No worried, just a heads up for future reference.

30 posts
  • Austria
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
SiGa says

I guess the green section is a little bit of “wasted space”, it doesn´t carry too much information (right side empty) and pushes the main conent under it out of sight for smaller screens maybe. I´d work on that first, the whole upper section is too big somehow. But this could turn out really nice at least!

2019 posts Review Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
+7 more
jremick Staff says

You need to work on balance of the page as a whole and proper eye flow to guide visitors through the content. You should also consider dividing the elements using the rule of thirds or golden ratio. Here is a tutorial discussing how to use those: http://nettuts.com/tutorials/other/the-golden-ratio-in-web-design/

After you work on that, come back for more suggestions before you submit again, it will likely need more work than just what I mentioned but layout is the first place to start.

217 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
CreativeStable says

I find that the elements in the header are competing. You’ve got a couple white headings and the logo and they are all relatively the same size. Think about what is most important on the page, and what is least important… from there arrange elements so that the eye is led through the way you want. Right now, Im looking at all those white headings wondering where to look first.

I would get rid of the underlines on the text at the bottom too.

26 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • United States
stephanie says

I think it is a good design, but I do agree that the top is too big. I don’t think it looks messy. Is this a coded theme? Could the reviewers have meant that the code was messy???

5 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Philippines
Sushimoron says

the main navigation page is quite hard to find. i suggest you put it on the left side. overall it is ok but you need to think if the users will find the site template easy to navigate. :D

2 posts
  • Exclusive Author
M-marketing says

Hey thanks for all the suggestions. I read the golden ratio article, and took a good look at all the designs on the website. I agree it looks a bit messy, and needs to be properly aligned and everything, but don’t you think that most of the designs here really look a like, in terms of positioning of the logo, navigation, content, latest projects showcase, etc. ?

Thanks again.

by
by
by
by
by
by