359 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
kops says

I didn’t want to derail xstortionist’s ‘We have a winner’ thread as a few authors were asking why their “hi great work GLWS !” had been removed from item comments.

I’m going to own up to flagging a few of these but exclusively the ones from the one or two mewer authors who were systematically using other themes’ comments sections as their own personal advertising space.

Take a look at the last 50 or so submissions in any of the categories on TF and the same couple of guys (or girls!) have posted ‘great work GLWS ’ on every single one. Every single one without fail. Probably no coincidence that these authors have their portfolio URL in their avatar as well.

I imagine that other ppl had noticed this trend as well and mistakenly flagged some other comments that were genuine messages of support.

TLDR : to those authors continually using other people’s theme comments to increase their on presence on TF, please don’t as it’s a pain in the arse enough having to go through comments sections to find answers :)

J.

1034 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
BenSheppard says

Have to give this a +1 only for the fact of preventing spam, I have found myself amazed by some items and having to leave my own little comment but without the feeling of adding spam for my own gain

438 posts I love the web!
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
htmgarcia says

+1

Wow! I didn’t notice that.

264 posts What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
Prothemeus says

+1

You know who you are.

143 posts Designer & Developer
+5 more
Webbu says

+1 But how we stopped this? Any idea?

438 posts I love the web!
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
htmgarcia says

+1 But how we stopped this? Any idea?

I guess we are to bussy on forum complaining about rejections that we forgot pay attention on our stuffs :D

1012 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+7 more
purethemes says

I also commented couple of items during last 4 years but only when they were really amazing and unique, the latest trend of putting the same comment over and over under every new item (no matter if it’s great or mediocre) is upseting. I don’t believe this guys do that cause they want to be nice, they just hope some buyer will check their portfolio – it’s pure spam and one of examples how some authors don’t play fair (other thing is “buying rating” – 5 stars after 3 first sales every time? Yeah, right)

5360 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
+9 more
CodingJack says

Good intentions, but when a buyer sees a flagged comment on a new item it creates a negative atmosphere. So because of this these things should probably be reported to support instead.

+5 more
Webbu says

Good intentions, but when a buyer sees a flagged comment on a new item it creates a negative atmosphere. So because of this these things should probably be reported to support instead.

The best thing is if TF make a limitation like an author can make 5 or 3 comments per day. Because this style advertisement comments not good and like CodingJack says when sees flagged comment not look like good.

+5 more
Webbu says

Or one another idea find this guys send all to the support. TF make a punishment for them. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by