15 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
AliHalabi says

Hello everyone, I love web development and design and Im weak in design but very strong in development and WordPress, Can I make a good living doing this and if so where and how. I just need some opinions,

Thanks guys

1644 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
dnp_theme says

You can learn design in time, but the best way to start is to partner with a designer and split income with him.

15 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
AliHalabi says

Also what other areas can I focus on in this industry, My designing is not great

15 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
AliHalabi says

Thank you for the input, That is a great idea

101 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
Zanzad says

Maybe you need work together with a designer.

124 posts
  • Belarus
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
Themico says

Or can try your luck on CodeCanyon. Think on the idea and write a plugin (jQuery or WP), and if its become popular then you can make nice money for a long time. Of course, a lot of items on CC are not profitable (or low), but if you really come with great idea and item that make life easier for many people then you will succeed.

1025 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • United States
fillerspace says

Or can try your luck on CodeCanyon. Think on the idea and write a plugin (jQuery or WP), and if its become popular then you can make nice money for a long time. Of course, a lot of items on CC are not profitable (or low), but if you really come with great idea and item that make life easier for many people then you will succeed.

I have gone back and forth about going this route. I had a few ideas I wanted to build into a WordPress theme, but I wasn’t ready to build a whole theme. I considered making some of the most prominent features into plugins for sale on CodeCanyon, but the math just doesn’t add up. Most plugins on CC are $10-15, and the extended license is only 5x. So for $50-75, someone can buy an extended license for your plugin and include it in a theme that sells for $40-$55. It makes more sense to go the theme route, even if you have to learn design, or better, find a designer to make PSDs for you. It would be better to give the designer a flat rate if you can afford it, rather than a percentage of the sales. I thought about goin

15 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
AliHalabi says

These are great suggestions thank you guys

124 posts
  • Belarus
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
Themico says

Most plugins on CC are $10-15, and the extended license is only 5x.

I think I heard this will change soon and extended license will cost more, or there will be more license options. But anyway to include in theme you going to pay more. Not sure when it will happen.

by
by
by
by
by
by