8176 posts
  • Author Level 6
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Community Superstar
+8 more
doru
says

for the cost of that structure (8 billion euros I think) at least they found something. but what they found?

I watch the press conference live and an “expert” said, quote: “we found a “thing” emerging”, quite funny

last time I checked they found something that was faster than the speed of light.

and the press keep ask what they found. :)

“We found something that we as maximum experts in the field we have no idea what it is and now you want us to explain what this thing is?”

1882 posts
  • Affiliate Level 4
  • Author Level 9
  • Beta Tester
  • Collector Level 4
+7 more
Anps
says

Its simple explanation, its some evidence that confirms or partially confirms the higgs or atleast some new bozon. It is exiting time and for once the money spent its being used for something greater, for me personally that is improvement.

4948 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
+17 more
Enabled
says

It’s like a 2 year old talking about designing a website using php… we’re far far far far far far far faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar to small to understand any of these things.

1882 posts
  • Affiliate Level 4
  • Author Level 9
  • Beta Tester
  • Collector Level 4
+7 more
Anps
says

Bingo! But still, anybody that grasps ideology of importance is very exited.

614 posts
  • Envato Team
  • Tuts+ Instructor
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Bundle Boss
+11 more
Siddharth
Envato team
says

Basic science and research is absolutely essential. All our GPSs, 14nm processors, millimeter thin displays and a lot more of what we use today didn’t come from thin air. They’re all just basic R&D paying dividends.

2067 posts
  • Collector Level 3
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Landonw
says

Basic science and research is absolutely essential. All our GPSs, 14nm processors, millimeter thin displays and a lot more of what we use today didn’t come from thin air. They’re all just basic R&D paying dividends.

“Well, if my iPhone 5 isn’t going to be made from higgs boson then I don’t care to know what it is.” – Some bloke

3072 posts
  • Affiliate Level 3
  • Author Level 6
  • Collector Level 2
  • Weekly Top Seller
+7 more
wickedpixel
says

kewl vid explaining stuff : The Higgs Boson Explained

954 posts
  • Affiliate Level 1
  • Author Level 3
  • Beta Tester
  • Most Wanted Winner
+3 more
aleluja
says

The existence is proved, that’s a great step. Now they can study it more since they know it exists.

310 posts mekshq.com
  • Elite Author
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Featured Author
+8 more
meks
says

And Stephen Hawking will lose his 100$ because he placed a bet that they will never find it :D

by
by
by
by
by
by