• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Romania
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
CleanScript says

Hello again, I’m wondering where I can find some good tutorials on how to make high quality web designs for websites, products for themeforest. Any tutorials or books that would teach me how to create web designs at standards that themeforest would accept and even designs that would sell good on the themeforest marketplace. I’m prepared to go all in edu-mode(to learn what ever i can get my hands on) on this, but I’m not sure where to start.

Just to be clear, I do have some design background, and even a product on themeforest right now. But let’s face it, there’s still a long way to go. So I am asking the great community here, authors that design and code their products here, for some feedback: where did you learn your skills? any book that you might want to recommend? any tutorial website? or .. what ever you can share, would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Ciprian

213 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • United States
themelux says

Not sure if you knew about this but this website has helped lots of people a lot you might want to check it out. http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/

68 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • France
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
rafaelrasalan says

There’s no such book that will help you increase your “designing” skills in my opinion. Although they help you understand the principles and history, for all design related books i’ve read it’s always just that. What works best is to keep practicing.

99 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Netherlands
SteveVanDijk says

Exactly, just keep practising, when you keep having critics on your past works it means you’re growing. Im never satisfied when i show ppl my past designs while they like them, theres no book or study which makes you a topdesigner in a short time. Its process which need time, practise practise…

Steve

187 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Romania
  • Exclusive Author
CleanScript says

Exactly, just keep practising, when you keep having critics on your past works it means you’re growing. Im never satisfied when i show ppl my past designs while they like them, theres no book or study which makes you a topdesigner in a short time. Its process which need time, practise practise… Steve

Thanks, And I agree with practice, practice, practice. But still, there are books out there that give a very big hint on what to do when designing, what the new standards are and tips and tricks for photoshop, how to do certain stuff and what goes in a high quality design world. There’s even a collage for design and web design courses, etc. You get the ideea. I’m looking for some books you might be able to point out, useful books like the 3 smashing books or websites like tuts+ web design.

Thanks,

Ciprian

137 posts Get in the spotlight
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Halloween Competition Winner
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+2 more
FamousThemes says

Hi Ciprian,

Here is what I recomand.

First I think tutorials available over the WEB are covering just the tehnical part of the design. Will learn you only how to create the design, but not to make it high quality.

So for this first part you will need to practice and practice untill you learn all the tehnical tips and trics of the design software you will use.

Then from my point of view the high quality comes from the details. And that is what you need to study. And the details can only be learned by analizing other designs (not only websites designs, also out world designs , nature, photos, arhitecture, interior design..etc ) and study the small details that make things perfect (shadows, colors, sizes, arangements, spaces, textures, and the way they combine togheter).

For example the WEB part, analizing great websites designs, or illustrations from the web galleries or showcases like dribbble and others, you can get a lot of details from them. See how the simplest websites design can create a huge impact because of the small hidden details they have, like fonts, colors, spacing, borders and photos puted in the right places to impress visually.

Also I think that you must find your own style, your own vision about design, not try to create things that allready exists, try to take only the best details of the things you see, and put it together in an original way. This will define your style.

Hope this helps.

It’s just some personal thinking, and some things I am doing now myself.

Cheers.

by
by
by
by
by
by