736 posts All things are possible, for one who believes.
  • Won a competition
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
TimMcMorris says

I have noticed on some of the higher quality projects that there are many times certain line effects over the images or video that gives the appearance of sharper image clarity – or as if the file is a higher resolution then it actually is. I really like this effect.

From what I can see, it’s done by adding many lines, very tiny squares, hexagons etc, over the footage or image being used.

I recently bought a few projects simply to learn AE more then anything…. and am trying to accomplish this look over some of the images in my project.

Can anyone tell me if there is an easy way to accomplish this, maybe by adding another layer over top with an effect OR if its more complex then that, point me towards a tutorial that explains the effect I am looking for.

I have searched but don’t really know the proper name of what I am looking for!!

Thanks so much!

- Tim

85 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
addict_fx says

Have you tried the “venetian blinds” effect?

A.

203 posts
  • Located in Argentina
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+6 more
sonorafilms says

I don’t know exactly what kind of effect you are looking for, but if you give as link to one of those videos maybe we can help you out. Cheers!

• Won a competition
  • Located in Canada
+8 more
TimMcMorris says

I don’t know exactly what kind of effect you are looking for, but if you give as link to one of those videos maybe we can help you out. Cheers!

Ah – Good idea,

Here is one by Inlife that shows one type of example:

http://videohive.net/item/flipper/166965

Skip to 32 seconds. If you look closely at all the images they have diagonal lines all across them.

@ addict_fx – No, never tried venetian blinds, thanks. I am BRAND new to manipulating anything in AE…...just diving in and trying to grasp it :)

2353 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

@tim, best way to achieve that effect is to add new solid layer, then add effect called “venetian blinds”, and then in effect settings rotate it by 45°. They, set the solid’s mode to “add”, and reduce it’s transparency to maybe 25%. Hope this helps.

203 posts
  • Located in Argentina
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+6 more
sonorafilms says

@tim, best way to achieve that effect is to add new solid layer, then add effect called “venetian blinds”, and then in effect settings rotate it by 45°. They, set the solid’s mode to “add”, and reduce it’s transparency to maybe 25%. Hope this helps.

Exactly, and play around with the width and completion settings. you won’t notice any change until you increase the completion value.

• Won a competition
  • Located in Canada
+8 more
TimMcMorris says

Thanks so much guys!! I will try tonight. I appreciate the help!!

- Tim

by
by
by
by
by
by