1080 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Madness says

prices are high ?!

30$-40$ is nothing compared to all the coding and designing included in the files!

1552 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
dSKY says

Files that sell for 40 could sell for 60 , and there would be no drop in sales , I’m 99% sure .

1080 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
Madness says

i know … but you have to admit that the low prices are one of the biggest reasons FD got this big no in time … i bet that in like a year ryan well get a call from google offering him to buy the site :P

3402 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
bobocel says

@arteye, you should know that even though the maximum price has been raised, this doesn’t mean the files will change their price.

We keep the same structure on pricing the files, but some needed to be priced higher than we could price them. I’m sure you understand that there are going to be people who would always spend 40$ for a 3000$ (at least) file.

905 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
unchartedrealms says

we could just go to selling 3000 dollar files then at least 37178 people wont have them.

28 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
toveback says

My point of view: I design websites for money but I do not get 2000$ per site, that’s fantasy, maybe 5-600$. I do not see any problems with raising prices at FD a bit, I will buy if the products fits my design, no matter if it’s cheap or expensive. And with the excellent help I get here I can change the files a little and use them over and over again

3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says
And with the excellent help I get here I can change the files a little and use them over and over again
So this is how it works, eh? we help you for free and you get money for that? pretty cool… :P

535 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years
seifip says

IMHO the prices are LOW . I’m not saying that it’s bad or good… but they definitely are low.

The files sold here are often in the $5000+ pricerange, you can buy them and resell several times and you pay a 1/100 of the price. Even 100USD for a gallery/template is nothing when we look at the quality of the files at FD, commented code and support.

I would definitely pay this price for a good file (and there are hundreds of truly amazing files here)

28 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
toveback says
And with the excellent help I get here I can change the files a little and use them over and over again
So this is how it works, eh? we help you for free and you get money for that? pretty cool… :P
No, I do not get money for that, I get money for hard work with designing websites, here I buy small components only for those sites
4908 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

As Bobo stated max price is raising, not the price of current files. Meaning future files will be able to get higher prices. But I’m sure if they throw in a $50 price point…the file is going to have to be UNBELIEVABLE to hit that mark…and will probably be MORE than worth it! People dont realize that they are paying sweat shop prices for GOLD . Thats what these files are.

@Toveback: I suggest raising your prices buddy. 500-600 for a full flash website…template or not…is WAY too cheap. Where are you from?

by
by
by
by
by
by