367 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+3 more
SnoopyIndustries says

Hi guys,

Apparently some other theme-selling marketplace available, let’s just call it HoHo so we can keep the thread clean, is not installed along with new Wordpress installs if you’re doing them through the cpanel on some hosting companies (BlueHost, Hostgator). That could be really harmful for Themeforest and the TF exclusive authors.

This is all that I could find online:

I think part of the agreement Hoho is making with hosting providers is that the Hoho Marketplace is part of the install package.
What’s your take on this? https://www.dropbox.com/s/7u3kacnz11wminp/Screenshot%202014-06-17%2012.39.47.png
1012 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+7 more
purethemes says

Harmful? It’s harmful that TF doesn’t have anything like this, but it’s just a competition.

I’ve seen it couple times when I log into customers’ dashboard for support, so even if they have this ‘feature’ they still use themes from ThemeForest ;) But kudos for HoHo, it’s great marketing move, too bad ThemeForest didn’t use that idea. One of the top authors here also use/used similar thing, each theme added another page to dashboard that listed other themes from this author.

406 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in India
+2 more
drsankarl says

Only Quality sells,no matter what the marketplace is

SnoopyIndustries
SnoopyIndustries Recent Posts Threads Started
367 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+3 more
SnoopyIndustries says

@drsankarl – That’s not quite the truth. For somebody who is not a pro dev, they can only see the user interface which usually good on any given marketplace.

1045 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+10 more
Parallelus says

HoHo is owned by EIG now, the same company that purchased HostGator, BlueHost and A Small Orange and more over the past few years.

http://www.enduranceinternational.com/our-company/our-brands

They bought HoHo with the intention of integrating it directly into the cPanel and WP admin of their hosting companies. This has been in the works for a while, it just takes time to get everything built and integrated with a service and system this size.

2063 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
Landonw says

I don’t really think HoHo’s new integration is going to effect ThemeForest;

ThemeForest has an enormous community that is already here – HoHo doesn’t. The most popular item on HoHo only has 2.5k sales – that is nothing compared to the amount TF gets. They charge for the ridiculous things like demo content.

Ultimately I don’t think anyone is going to just buy a site inside their cPanel – similar solutions have been available from hosts in the past where you could buy a “site theme” right there – not with WordPress, but it was still unsuccessful.

by
by
by
by
by
by