555 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+12 more
theMOLITOR says

To celebrate the holiday season, I’ll be giving away a free version of the WordPress Church theme (a value of $27).

For details on how to qualify, visit http://tinyurl.com/yg7luov

4317 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Community Moderator
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Venezuela
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
+9 more
Ivor Reviewer says

Self-promotion and giveaways

Because of the commercial nature of the Envato networks, authors are expected to understand and respect the fact that using the forum to post links to one’s own items, or to give away free files to the community, is not allowed. This practice effectively undercuts the hard work of all authors who wish to sell their items fairly, and as such it is not tolerated. This ultimately helps keep the forum open and free of the countless self-promo threads that would likely arise if everyone were allowed to post links to their own items. That’s not what our forums are for. Envato prides itself on it’s relaxed and easygoing atmosphere on the forums, and we will always make an effort to explain the reasons to new authors if they make mistakes. Still, because of the sensitivity of many of the authors towards it, users who continuously use the forums for their own promotion will be warned and may subsequently see their accounts suspended if repeated warnings are not heeded.

Forum Rules, DO NOT ’s section

555 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+12 more
theMOLITOR says

Oh, gosh. My bad!

I wasn’t trying to cheat the system or anything. Just wanted people to know about this one-time holiday promo. After reading your explanation, though, I totally understand.

Thanks for the warning :-S

by
by
by
by
by
by