• Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Blog Editor
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
+8 more
JeffreyWay Moderator says

Hi, everyone! I’m curious as to whether any of you have holiday related submissions prepared?

4264 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Community Moderator
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Venezuela
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
+9 more
Ivor Reviewer says

It will be fun – I’ll think about it :)

921 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Power Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Won a Competition
+8 more
MDNW says

I’ve definitely thought about it – my only hesitation is whether there is a real demand for it or not from buyers. That said, I think it’d be a really fun contribution if someone can kick out a template in the next week or two to beat the holidays!

2529 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Blog Editor
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
+8 more
JeffreyWay Moderator says

@epicera – I agree.

93 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
Alexhughes says

I’m hoping to get something festive submitted. Hoping.

Be great to see a competition of some sort to get us all in the Christmas spirit ;) and of course to encourage festive submissions?

113 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • India
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
pearlstudios says

Sounds Interesting :)

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says
I’ve definitely thought about it – my only hesitation is whether there is a real demand for it or not from buyers. That said, I think it’d be a really fun contribution if someone can kick out a template in the next week or two to beat the holidays!

100% agree and have thought the exact same – however I do know I will be creating at least 1 email template with holiday theme for companies to mail out to customers (Jeffrey – if you remember our conversation the other week about a free file? Still interested?)

But yeah, have thought about it – just not sure how many site templates would sell with a winter / Holiday theme – plus long term sales would be zero.

As some already said… may be a competition ;)

921 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Power Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Won a Competition
+8 more
MDNW says

100% agree and have thought the exact same – however I do know I will be creating at least 1 email template with holiday theme for companies to mail out to customers (Jeffrey – if you remember our conversation the other week about a free file? Still interested?)

But yeah, have thought about it – just not sure how many site templates would sell with a winter / Holiday theme – plus long term sales would be zero.

Agreed – Mail templates seem especially valid for seasonal offerings – while website templates are usually used year-round, a seasonal email template would make a great e-holiday card for a variety of people (businesses, artists, families, etc.) since it’s a single-use situation.

A competition would be awesome, but it might be too short notice (most people want to send out holiday related material before December 20th, which would mean the deadline for the contest would need to be closer to December 10th to make it useful to buyers).

Thoughts? Anyone interested in a rush competition or would Jeffrey be wasting time on an event like this? I could definitely get excited about a holiday email template competition though… it also might boost author interest in the new category. Heck, I think I’ll probably create one just after this forum discussion. ;)

228 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United Kingdom
stevebluck says

I have a “holiday villa” template in the making. Basically good for anyone who rents out a single property for holidays.

960 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United Kingdom
jeffeatworld says

Agreed – Mail templates seem especially valid for seasonal offerings – while website templates are usually used year-round, a seasonal email template would make a great e-holiday card for a variety of people (businesses, artists, families, etc.) since it’s a single-use situation.

A competition would be awesome, but it might be too short notice (most people want to send out holiday related material before December 20th, which would mean the deadline for the contest would need to be closer to December 10th to make it useful to buyers).

Thoughts? Anyone interested in a rush competition or would Jeffrey be wasting time on an event like this? I could definitely get excited about a holiday email template competition though… it also might boost author interest in the new category. Heck, I think I’ll probably create one just after this forum discussion. ;)

I’d be interested so long as it was kept to the e-mail category, that way everyone is a winner because not only are the submissions featured and give the authors exposure, they’ll also be valid next year lol.

I for one send out my own every single year, nothing like the quality that you guys will come up with no doubt…

by
by
by
by
by
by