10 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
mattnorris says

Hello everyone!

A band down in Hollywood has asked me to design and develop a new website for them.

Do you think word-press would be the way to go for this? or should I stick with a regular HTML site.

After doing some research it seems as though allot of band sites are blog-type sites, and are being updated regularly.

I guess I really just dont know what kind of site to build them, looking for some direction.

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks!!!

21 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
fuski says

Have you looked at http://bandwebsitetemplate.com by Chris Coyier of css-tricks.com

I hope im not hated for directing your custom away from TF but it has a “Gig Calendar Management” that is worth checking out…

4905 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

Honestly whenever I was asked to do work for a band, I usually turn to flash based sites…

171 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
clarklab says

WordPress would be a great way to go. Using flash or a regular HTML template means the band most likely won’t be able to update the site themselves. Use WordPress correctly and once you are done with the design you’ll never have to hear from the clients again (you’ll know you made the right decision when you notice you aren’t getting content update requests at 3 in the morning).

80 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Located in Denmark
+1 more
mads says

Unless someone in the band knows HTML , go with Wordpress!

2529 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

Wordpress, or a similar CMS , is definitely the way to go. Don’t bother with a static site.

10 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
mattnorris says

Thanks everyone! thats all great info :)

I guess now my problem is wordpress itself, lol

Im actually not very framiliar with wordpress. I guess what I am asking is it easy to change the look and feel of one of these word pres themes?

I designed the bands myspace and they want to keep the look and feel of there website the same as there myspace.

Also Can you add some sort of music player to wordpress? and what about video?

Thanks everyone!!!!!

2529 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

If you know what you’re doing, you can wrestle Wordpress into doing anything you like. But, you’ll need some WP/PHP experience. If you don’t have any, Chris Coyier created a great series a month or so ago about this topic.

You can watch the 3-Part series here

10 posts
mattnorris says

Thats so awesome! Thank you so much for all your help.

Do any wordpress themes come to mind when thinking about a website fr a band?

I have seen a couple on here that might work.

if you think or see of any I would be pumped if you could let me know.

thanks again!!!!!

171 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
clarklab says

If you are looking to dive into WordPress, bookmark this link , you’ll need it every time you work on a theme.

by
by
by
by
by
by