109 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
designedbydash says

I was just wondering if there was any sort of system or limit to how many themes are approved a day?

I only ask as our theme was approved today along with no less than 28 other themes. I keep a general eye on the new items and very rarely is it ever that high, normally around 10, but 28 seems a ridiculous figure to approve in one day as if you’re at the start of the block (like we were) we get fairly poor home page coverage as we’ll likely drop off tomorrow.

I know this doesn’t make up the bulk of the sales, but it’s certainly a potentially good starting point – however not so much if you happen to disappear after 24 hours.

640 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+3 more
GravityDept says

Reality: getting more than 24-48 hours of home page visibility is a thing of the past.

The marketplaces have grown and authors need to develop alternative strategies to market their goods. Relying on home page exposure alone is a lazy and not going to cut it. The impetus is on you.

109 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
designedbydash says

Reality: getting more than 24-48 hours of home page visibility is a thing of the past. The marketplaces have grown and authors need to develop alternative strategies to market their goods. Relying on home page exposure alone is a lazy and not going to cut it. The impetus is on you.

I wasn’t really commenting on the time on the home page, more that there should be roughly the same amount approved a day. If there were 15 – 20 approved every single day that would be fine, what I disagree with is 8 being approved one day and then 28 the next.

by
by
by
by
by
by