152 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
jdsans says

Hope to see themeforest back to its earlier standards

Saw some poorly designed themes on homepage today with just some content and animations.

I think we should keep this thread active to keep it on forum frontpage to remind the staff about the topic’s seriousness. So people discuss things on this topic here and comment to keep this thread alive.

1002 posts It's in the pipeline!
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
purethemes says

I also was wondering what’s with the 35$ price tags on some new themes? Couple of them are surely worth more – and with “new” pricing policy I thought that 30$-35$ price is for simple themes like vcard etc. not for e.g magazine themes.

2578 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says

POSITIVE PLEASE !

152 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
jdsans says

I really can’t say i’m a good designer or a decider but i think people who really deserve get pushed down from the themeforest’s featured column in a short period nowadays. Sometimes even in a day. :(

I mean themes with no sense of design are getting accepted at such a rate.

3007 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

Most new themes are not worth the click to view them. The quality sucks

271 posts New Elite in Town!
  • Won a competition
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+6 more
icypixels says

Siddharth had a nice joke on another thread: Not sure if minimalist or stylesheet is missing.

I’m not really the most awesome web designer around here, but I try my best every single time.

I think, we as authors, need to adapt to the current conditions, of at least 5-7 themes released every day and 3 days at most on the homepage. How we do it, it’s up to each and every author.

Release often & get constant exposure, or release one killer item after months of work. It’s all up to us authors how we do business here. So let’s stop blaming this and that, and let’s start working and thinking of the best way to do business here.

Just my 2 cents.

2445 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+3 more
digitalimpact says

I never understood why Envato increased WordPress prices AND lowered the quality bar…

Except from some established authors and a pleasant surprise from a new-comer here and there, quality sucks. BIG TIME .

276 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
Kopyov says

Guys, that’s not funny anymore. Everyone has a chance to earn some money. If envato wants to experiment with different business models, or they just want to increase the amount of new authors because of new and unique themes with a bit lower quality, or want to provide a choice between the quality with larger price range, let’s just work on our themes. Remember your first theme, was it good enough? Let’s be a community and respect other works and authors, this marketplace is not only for elite authors.

Did you see any of power elite authors or someone with green paws arguing about themes quality? They just create new themes, one after another. Let’s be polite Just my 2 cents

320 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
SuggeElson says

I agree with Kopyov.

1148 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
fillerspace says

I also was wondering what’s with the 35$ price tags on some new themes? Couple of them are surely worth more – and with “new” pricing policy I thought that 30$-35$ price is for simple themes like vcard etc. not for e.g magazine themes.

That surprised me too. There are a few full-featured themes on the front page that should be $45-50 based on the new pricing. Is Envato bringing the old pricing back? Or is it that the new themes just have way more features (page builders, 100+ shortcodes, unlimited widget areas, etc.) and a theme with a clean design and responsive layout is considered “basic” and only worth $35

by
by
by
by
by
by