2182 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+14 more
mpc Volunteer moderator says

Maybe I am blind but I don’t see any “ugly” themes on the front page…

1428 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

Beauty is in the eye of beholder anyway :)

1527 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Bedros says

Guys, that’s not funny anymore. Everyone has a chance to earn some money. If envato wants to experiment with different business models, or they just want to increase the amount of new authors because of new and unique themes with a bit lower quality, or want to provide a choice between the quality with larger price range, let’s just work on our themes. Remember your first theme, was it good enough? Let’s be a community and respect other works and authors, this marketplace is not only for elite authors. Did you see any of power elite authors or someone with green paws arguing about themes quality? They just create new themes, one after another. Let’s be polite Just my 2 cents
I’m agree

+1
Agree…

Just try your best as an author, and help to the higher quality standards by making the best file you can.
Purchasers have the choice, and if they find any author’s work “careless” , they will hardly give a second chance to the Author of the file ; so , every single file is very important by the means of the future of your sales.
I think uploading an item “ordinary” is suicide in these days.
Everyone will take what they deserve at the end I think.
Wish you all the best :)

116 posts YeahThemes
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
+2 more
Manh says

I also was wondering what’s with the 35$ price tags on some new themes? Couple of them are surely worth more – and with “new” pricing policy I thought that 30$-35$ price is for simple themes like vcard etc. not for e.g magazine themes.

- $25-30 – Mobile or simple, single page themes
- $35-40 – Standard themes
- $45-50 – Themes with advanced functionality
- $55-60 – Themes incorporating eCommerce or compatibility with BuddyPress

http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/384/0/item-pricing-information

Really? as i can see, some themes from the top authors is just quite simple, and still priced at $45 or $50. so what is the point ? Unique design, standard esthetics , elite author’s theme , or what???

Just my opinion, and some authors too (i think so)

152 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
jdsans says

Another thing that i noticed in the item discussion section, people are just constantly uploading rejected themes. I mean if i would do a 100 times it will automatically get accepted as the reviewer himself/herself will get tired up pointing out the things.

I think there must be thing like maximum uploads per item per month, maybe 5-10 or something. Once its accepted the maximum uploads shall be no longer valid for that item.

152 posts
+3 more
jdsans says

Maybe I am blind but I don’t see any “ugly” themes on the front page…

I really can’t point the themes coz of forum rules but give me the liberty surely will.

667 posts
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
Dream-Theme says

Did you see any of power elite authors or someone with green paws arguing about themes quality? They just create new themes, one after another. Let’s be polite

Talking about power elite authors, they have already earned the exposure. Also they have teams of designers working together or for support.

What about those designers working alone day and night,spending months to get the design right, but not getting the right exposure.

As an author with “Elite badge” I can say that we (Dream-Theme) have changed the focus to mainstream themes. And many cool but niche projects were put on the shelf.

If you run a studio and selling your products on ThemeForest – you have to think commercial nowadays :)

But anyway Envato making marketing efforts that none of us can. So I’m grateful and still considering TF as a great [market]place.

My biggest concern is how this now quality policy will influence the TF image…

3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

I surely did find some ugly themes in the recent All Files page. Those files won’t sell.. will only make a harder job to find the good files.

152 posts
+3 more
jdsans says

As a suggestion i really can’t say if its currently used, i think there should be a two way approach while accepting theme. Firstly design approach, if its accepted the theme should be sent to check its coding technique.

Seeing the type of theme’s getting accepted i think surely a developer must be approving the uploaded items not a designer

491 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
pixelentity says

I also was wondering what’s with the 35$ price tags on some new themes? Couple of them are surely worth more – and with “new” pricing policy I thought that 30$-35$ price is for simple themes like vcard etc. not for e.g magazine themes.

- $25-30 – Mobile or simple, single page themes
- $35-40 – Standard themes
- $55-60 – Themes incorporating eCommerce or compatibility with BuddyPress

http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/384/0/item-pricing-information

Really? as i can see, some themes from the top authors is just quite simple, and still priced at $45 or $50. so what is the point ? Unique design, standard esthetics , elite author’s theme , or what???

Just my opinion, and some authors too (i think so)

Yep, I see it happening a lot, small themes with relatively basic features being priced much higher then the above breakdown would suggest, just because the author is well known. They anticipate high sales, and so price things higher to cash in on that. This is not necessarily a bad thing for other authors, in fact it’s a bad thing for the popular author because it can lead to buyers avoiding the file. Anyway, this kind of pricing phenomenon has always existed, so is not a new thing since the price increases.

DOK

by
by
by
by
by
by