• Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Europe
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
anariel7 says

Did you see any of power elite authors or someone with green paws arguing about themes quality? They just create new themes, one after another. Let’s be polite

Talking about power elite authors, they have already earned the exposure. Also they have teams of designers working together or for support.

What about those designers working alone day and night,spending months to get the design right, but not getting the right exposure.
Doesn’t matter actually about the team. I am working alone, 2 of my first items were rejected, my next 2 are soft disabled and really i dont want them back. After a year here i have a necessary experience. New designers and devs are coming here every day. After theme approval they see only negative forum threads where people wIth black and other paws tell us that new themes are totally suck and their themes are the best of the best. Well, i thought we are a COMMUNITY . Instead of negative threads you can point layout mistakes, wrong typography, whitespace issues, so help these people make approved items closer to standards, but no, much easier just to post a thread and tell us that envato dropped quality standards. Yes, that’s the fact. Now what? Let’s make our own quality standards higher and stop this kind of threads

+1

7129 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+1 more
doru says

people act like this is some sort of museum. Let the money decide.

Instead of asking for a better search functionality let me start asking for deleting every item from the other authors except mine. Yeah, that makes sense.

Who made all of you maximum experts in how themes should look?

Do some of you think there is a quality drop? I assume your work is awesome and the quality drop is not about you. Then be happy! More crappy items from others more your item will sell! Profit!

150 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Canada
jdsans says

people act like this is some sort of museum. Let the money decide.

Instead of asking for a better search functionality let me start asking for deleting every item from the other authors except mine. Yeah, that makes sense.

Who made all of you maximum experts in how themes should look?

Do some of you think there is a quality drop? I assume your work is awesome and the quality drop is not about you. Then be happy! More crappy items from others more your item will sell! Profit!

I think you haven’t read the thread. Its not about quality its about exposure. Designers are doing the best i appreciate but does that best fits themeforest as it did in the earlier days

162 posts
  • Europe
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
anariel7 says

I surely did find some ugly themes in the recent All Files page. Those files won’t sell.. will only make a harder job to find the good files.

than mine theme is making you hard job,because is not selling and is making hard job to the buyer to find good files, sorry ;). I think that we all need to concentrate on doing our job and making best what we can do and not loosing time for writing such things, just my point of view. Spend more time on creating something new and less on comment other peoples work ;)

269 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
Kopyov says

Doru +1

Fun fact – when we get our 1st item approved, we think it is great, because it was approved here. Everyone with paws think that my theme suck. After some time i start thinking this way and tell the same to other new authors. Why are you people so negative? As simple as that. I don’t get a support from other authors, no suggestions, no advices, nothing. Only threads like this one :) And i don’t care actually, i am working here, i am doing my job and i don’t complain that everything is sooooo bad here. Yes, sometimes it’s bad and i don’t understand reviewer’s decision, but that’s my own thoughts. Now tell me that at least 90% of us didn’t go through this?

7129 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+1 more
doru says

I think you haven’t read the thread. Its not about quality its about exposure. Designers are doing the best i appreciate but does that best fits themeforest as it did in the earlier days

first text in this thread is:

“Saw some poorly designed themes on homepage today with just some content and animations.”

don’t tell me. other people work is crap and eat your exposure. so this is about exposure but we are complaining about “poorly designed themes”? Really?

3069 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
wickedpixel says

I surely did find some ugly themes in the recent All Files page. Those files won’t sell.. will only make a harder job to find the good files.
than mine theme is making you hard job,because is not selling and is making hard job to the buyer to find good files, sorry ;)
Apologies accepted. :)

Anyway :) I was trying to talk about how Envato works, not about the actual works. I didn’t point any files or authors. I’m sorry if anyone got offended.
123 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
mazoor says

Talking about power elite authors, they have already earned the exposure. Also they have teams of designers working together or for support.

Prove it.

22 posts
  • Bangladesh
  • Exclusive Author
westilian says

Some guys why are always thinking negative. Why you don’t think that, more competition more sell. If your work have quality then of course your product sell will increase day by day. And if your work have less quality then your sell will stop soon. Though I don’t believe that, thmeforest publish quality less theme. All theme must have a certain quality when themeforest publish it. I think some guys are always feeling jealous :) . I think we should think positive. Frankly to say that when my first theme was publish here then I was so excited then I submit more theme and it is true at least 6 times I got rejected but I never say like that “My theme is good enough I don’t know why TF reject that” and even I never post a single word in forum like that “my theme is rejected don’t know why? :crying: ”. I just tried more and more and finally got accept again.

Actually its a journey where you will must success when you have good quality. But Don’t think if lots of theme is publish then your theme sell will stop. And it is wrong that, you are thinking you will publish a theme on TF and then you will make thousands of sales from that theme. But when it is publish then you got very low sell. It may happen but that’s why you don’t say “you saw here some poor theme got lots of sale but you have low sale” Sales depend on buyer perception and you never ensure about that.

Anyway I want to say that, I think we should appreciate all authors for their works. We should not complain like that way. Please think positive and keep working and keep patient then of course tomorrow you will also become elite or Power elite. But if you are going like this negative way and keep complaining :) like that then it is sure you will stay here in same place with same paw but other new guys will be elite soon :)

Thanks Everybody

19 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Poland
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
prezzz says

I do not really have anything against people publishing themes that some might have called ‘ugly’. Over the years I have learned that it’s pointless to fight against customers’ bad taste and you’re often better off simply offering them what they THINK they need instead of trying to educate them.

It’s a separate issue, however, that there are themes approved that are broken. Not visually, but technically. Supposedly responsive themes that are not. Themes that resize photos in a bad way. Themes that go nuts when a user makes up menu item longer than 6 characters (yes, I’m exaggerating here, but only just a bit). Many times even the demo page for a theme shows right away how badly coded it is.

Money talks and if customers want ‘ugly’ themes, let them have’em. But technically they should be nearly flawless. And it’s not only a submitters’ job to test the hell out of their themes, but also reviewers’. That’s my $0.02.

by
by
by
by
by
by