19 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
carlhalesdavies says

Hi guys

I am new to starting a online shop up, but am going to be buying a theme off here soon for it.

And just wanted to see if there is anything I need to look for when buying a hosting package?

Any advice and help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

66 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
jozevodinar says

Hello i can give you premium hosting for free 1 month i am reseller that’s why

211 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
agusmu says

Hi carlhalesdavies,

It depends on how many products that you sell and the traffics on your online shop. You can start using any shared hosting package. Once you increase the number of your products or the traffic of your website is high, you can upgrade your hosting package. And if it is success and get bigger, you can start using VPS hosting package. Bigger and bigger, then it is time to use dedicated server.

19 posts
carlhalesdavies says

Sorry I am not asking for hosting anywhere. I just would like to know what I need to run a shop. From there I can then look around and see where to get my hosting :)

Thanks

19 posts
carlhalesdavies says

Thanks agusmu

Thats really helps.

I will probably only be uploading a few hundred products. But may double eventually.

How will I know when I need to upgrade? Will my site start becoming really slow? or something?

19 posts
carlhalesdavies says

also how can I tell how much traffic is gong to my website?

Is there a plugin for this? or should i just use google analytics?

66 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
jozevodinar says

Yes if your hosting has cPanel installed you can check from there, i think it’s called Awmstats(something along this) and it shows unique views, hits, where traffic is coming from etc..

211 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
agusmu says

When talking about hosting, it is all about server resource usage, For example, when using Cpanel-based shared hosting, you can see CPU usage in your control panel. Every shared hosting has different limit for CPU usage, your website will be suspended if it reach the limit, and usually your hosting will give you some notification with some options. Some of shared hosting also give you a limit to the disk space and bandwidth.

High traffics also increase the server resource usage especially when you use dynamic website using PHP. Google Analytic is enough, but you can always try to use other tracking stat, for example HiStats, Jetpack Stat, etc.

Then, you can also start optimizing your website using some caching plugin (for wordpress there are W3 Total Cache and Super Cache) to reduce the server resource usage.

19 posts
carlhalesdavies says

Thanks jozevodinar :)

Thanks agusmu. In honesty what you are saying is going over my head a little. So I am going to have a sit down and try to read your posts thoroughly when I have a bit more time, later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Are there any articles I should take a look at that will give me more information about what you are saying?

Again really appreciate this help, and I look forward to learning more about it :)

3117 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says

For a Ecommerce site there are a ton of different factors that you’ll want to know

What platform are you using? Magento, WordPress, OpenCart etc?

How many products do you plan on selling? a handful? hundreds of thousands?

Whats your projected market? aka how much traffic are you expecting?

A quality ecommerce site takes a lot more “server” than other sites theres a couple users here who specialty is ecommerce and have a list of recommended hosting ( GravityDept ) is one and he’ll probably chime in sometime…

Shared hosting generally doesn’t cut it for ecommerce theres normally not enough resources, although I believe there are a few hosts that have shared for specific

Get something thats scalable where you can start small and move big as needed

by
by
by
by
by
by