23 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
LiyaLandDesigns says

Dear friends, I’m going upload my first site template and i’m new one in this marketplace (videohive is my native). The firs problem is HOSTING company. Please advice the hosting company you using.

Thanks in advance.

236 posts
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sweden
dansjostedt says

try any VPS hosting if you are looking for a good one.. I could offer you 3 months free hosting if you just need something to play around on.. cpanel, unlimited domains/subdomains, mysql databases etc..

just give me a message if you are intressed.

otherwise good luck finding a good host, and I will follow this thread since I too am looking for a vps host =)

279 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
PrimaThemes says

If you plan to upload static content, a site template (html,css,js,images only), then any shared hosting with good uptime (>99%) is enough for you.

If you plan to upload dynamic content, a wordpress theme (php), then you need hosting with good uptime (>99%) and enough CPU resources for your site traffic. One important thing is, do not register your domain in the hosting company, so you are free to move to other hosting company when you need it. Personally, I register my domains on GoDaddy and NameCheap.

You can always start using any shared hosting package. If you only need hosting for serving your theme demo, then a shared hosting is enough. I use HostGator and DreamHost, it is only $ 5-10 month. Once your site is popular, high traffic, and the shared hosting is not enough for you anymore (high CPU resource usage, several downtime, bandwidth issue, etc), you can start thinking to move to a VPS hosting package for $ 30-100 /month. And when a VPS is not enough for you, you can move to a Dedicated Server for $ 200+ / month.

88 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
DesignPuma says

Visit Leaseweb. They are very cheap and also have datacenter in USA, you can also choice the location of your server. I am using 2 years their services and I am happy.

137 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
WPHead says

Try shared hosting first paying just for a mont. A Small Orange and Hostgator are the best shared hosts. If you like the performance sign up for a year. Remember you can use CDNs like MaxCDN to decrease host bandwidth.

If you end up needing a VPS, KnownHost is the best VPS host and has won many hosting awards.

You can also find a lot of deals on hosting at http://www.webhostingtalk.com/

by
by
by
by
by
by